IGNORED

Atari on IMDB !

Gregory DG

I was doing a search for Superman and I came across one entry:

Superman (1979) (VG)

Which I assume is the Atari 2600 game. When trying to find out more information about it, I see that they give Atari GAMES credit for this as well as many other games that are totally unrelated to Atari GAMES. (Such as Wolf 3D & Flipout!)

Someone really needs to straighten this mess out!

&&tv=on&&heading=18;distributed+by;Atari+Games+[us]]http://us.imdb.com/List?distributors=Atari+Games+[us]&&tv=on&&heading=18;distributed+by;Atari+Games+[us]

OK, seriously. I emailed the IMBD about this situation and they told me that in about a week or so I would get a response. They forwarded my concern. here is a copy of the letter:

http://www.imdb.com

Thank you for your email to the IMDb. Your message has been forwarded to the

relevant department dealing with boards-help information.

This is an automatic reply generated by a machine to confirm receipt and

also to provide some more immediate assistance. Your message has already

been delivered to the appropriate person at IMDb.

Your message will be dealt with as soon as possible. In the meantime, to

provide some more immediate help, below we have included a few general topics

and some more specific to this particular area of the database.

Please note that we receive a large amount of email each day. We do try

to answer personally, but cannot guarantee this. Do check the rest of the

message to see if your question or problem is covered as we cannot answer

messages which are covered in this reply.

Thanks for using the IMDb!

Regards,

The IMDb Help Desk

Thanks what I got in reply. Waiting now.

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

That's really strange, I wonder why these are even in the IMDB database. I know that anyone can submit information for the database, but I figured they wouldn't accept non-movie entries. But I could be wrong. Odd.

The (VG) designation was started because of titles like Night Trap, Dragon's Lair, etc. i.e.: games with movie elements.

Well, I guess the line got blurred at some point, because when I saw the original Donkey Kong on there some years ago, I sent through a delete, thinking it was an inappropriate listing. (I regularly contribute information to the IMDb. You can thank me for about a third of the Ed Wood info up there.)

Well, I got back a very stern letter telling me not to try to remove video games as they had their own listing, so they were okay. I think it's kind of diluting the IMDb's usefulness, but it's theirs to do with as they please, I guess.

The "Atari Games" designation is just lazy (or stupid) people entering data. They abound on the IMDb. I can't tell you how many quotes on that Site are wrong. (And the rules are specific concerning quotes; that you verify them before sending them in. Ha!)

And Albert, you could even add your information to this entry, I suppose. (That is the one you're working on, isn't it?)

(BTW, I can be found here.. )

You wouldn't lie to me, now would you, Jaffe?

quote:

Originally posted by Russ Perry Jr:

Marty Christ?

Jesus' second cousin. Come Again was an "Airplane-like" comedy about the second coming (second coming...come again...get it?) that I did for a couple of college students. Pretty nicely made, but perhaps went a bit too far for my tastes. If I had to do it over, I probably wouldn't.

Still, you haven't lived until you spent the night standing on a chair with a noose around your neck. Ahhh, the memories...

We'd need a Psychiatrist to explain it to you.