IGNORED

Best original Mega Man Game?

Which Original Megaman is your favorite?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which Original Megaman is your favorite?

• Mega Man (Nes)
    • Mega Man II (Nes)
    • Mega Man III (Nes)
    • Mega Man IV (Nes)
    • Mega Man V (Nes)
    • Mega Man VI (Nes)
    • Mega Man VII (Snes)
    • Mega Man VIII (Psone)
    • Mega Man (Gamegear)
    • Mega Man & Bass (Snes/ Gba)
    • Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge (GB)
    • Mega Man II (GB)
    • Mega Man III (GB)
    • Mega Man IV (GB)
    • Mega Man V (GB)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

out of all these Orignal series Mega man games i gotta vote for Mega Man III for the nes.

ive gotta say this because it was my first megaman game i played and still think its the best cause you get to fight protoman,and then theres the extra bosses after you beat the normal ones, i think this also was the first one that let you slide and charge your buster, Megaman II, V and VII were close to me voting for them since they are also awesome games, but i had to stick with MMIII

NOTE:the game boy versions of the nes megamans are different they contain diffrent bosses and stories see a post i made later in this topic

Edited by CaptainCaputo

I voted for Mega Man 2. That game blew me away as a kid with it's cool graphics. Still holds a lot of good memories. The rest of the Nes Mega Man's were just rehashes and didn't wow me like two did. I think it would be kind of cool if someone were to take the best levels of each game and make an ultimate Mega Man. It'd be a lot of fun.

Why not just say best Mega Man game; you've pretty much included them all.  :?

917545[/snapback]

i didnt included them all i left out the battle networks, X series, Zero series, Legends, power battles, and MM soccer i only put down the games that feature the Original MM

Mega Man III for me, also you say the Gameboy versions are different, what versions are these, i had Mega Man II for gameboy and it was the same thing only different levels, the bosses were the same as the NES version.

on MM V for gameboy it was a set of new bosses, MMII it had a new enemy called quint at the end, MMIV you collected letters to spell out the word Beat, and in all the games I-IV they had 4 bosses from that number and 4 bosses from the one ahead of them

I went with the one on the SNES or was that the X series for the SNES?

Mega man 7, Megaman & Bass, and Megaman soccer were all for the Snes along with X, X2, and X3. but Megaman and bass wasnt released in america, when we got it for the first time it was on GBA

hope i cleared everything up

Edited by CaptainCaputo

Mega Man 2, for the effect it had on me and for setting the tone for the rest of the series.

Mega Man 1 was great, but WAY too tough in parts, had the score, you had to play straight through it, etc.

But I got the privelege of seeing 2 on my buddy's BIG (especially for the time) screen...the pan up the skyscraper, the wind blowing in the hair...and then the first level we tried was Bubble Man...the rushing waterfall behind, the cute cute CUTE little frogs, the great little "splash" effect when landing in the water, the changed physics beneath, that big enemy fish with the light...what an A/V experience!

I'm still tempted to try to make a complete bestiary of the NES Mega Man games, with all the enemies human controllable, maybe even someting like Smash Bros...that's a pipedream of mine.

out of all these Orignal series Mega man games i gotta vote for Mega Man III for the nes.

ive gotta say this because it was my first megaman game i played and still think its the best cause you get to fight protoman,and then theres the extra bosses after you beat the normal ones, i think this also was the first one that let you slide and charge your buster...

MM3 added the slide and Rush.

MM4 added the now-famous Megabuster.

i didnt included them all i left out the battle networks, X series, Zero series, Legends, power battles, and MM soccer i only put down the games that feature the Original MM

Power Battle and Power Fighter DID feature the original Megaman.

As did Soccer, and the unmentioned Battle&Chase for that matter.

... but Megaman and bass wasnt released in america, when we got it for the first time it was on GBA

Actually, we first got it back in '99, with a quality re-translation in 2002, shortly before the GBA version came out, with it's traditionally iffy Capcom translation. :P

http://donut.parodius.com/?func=trans&plat...nes&gamekey=338

What? A fan translation is still a translation.

Sure I'm an old fogie but I like the pixel look of the original series. It's really doing more with less.

Seanbaby's fooling around with the look led me to make me and my then girlfriend into mega-characters:

megamankirk.gifmegamanmo.gif

917740[/snapback]

which one is the girl??

918418[/snapback]

I would say the one on the right.

ive gotta say this because it was my first megaman game i played and still think its the best cause you get to fight protoman,and then theres the extra bosses after you beat the normal ones, i think this also was the first one that let you slide and charge your buster...

MM3 added the slide and Rush.

MM4 added the now-famous Megabuster.

Power Battle and Power Fighter DID feature the original Megaman.

As did Soccer, and the unmentioned Battle&Chase for that matter.

... but Megaman and bass wasnt released in america, when we got it for the first time it was on GBA

Actually, we first got it back in '99, with a quality re-translation in 2002, shortly before the GBA version came out, with it's traditionally iffy Capcom translation. :P

http://donut.parodius.com/?func=trans&plat...nes&gamekey=338

What? A fan translation is still a translation.

917956[/snapback]

i forgot that powerbattles had the original MM, but the soccer i knew had the original but why would i have even have wasted my time with it? would you have voted for MM soccer, and battle and chase i thought that was MM legends....as for Megaman and bass i know it was released as a ROM but the first time we got it in cart form was GBA, it was the Gb MMIII that you charge your buster not the nes one i played some of it last night

... and battle and chase i thought that was MM legends....

No. Rockman Dash is Megaman Legends.

Megaman Battle & Chase(I guess it should be Rockman Battle & Chase) was Megaman Kart.

as for Megaman and bass i know it was released as a ROM but the first time we got it in cart form was GBA,

All SNES games are released as ROMs. That's what the chips in the cartridge are.

The translation patch could be applied to ROM images, but those images could then be burned back to EPROMs and installed into a cartridge.

And I would bet money that more than one person did just that.

Megaman Battle & Chase(I guess it should be Rockman Battle & Chase) was Megaman Kart.

as for Megaman and bass i know it was released as a ROM but the first time we got it in cart form was GBA,

All SNES games are released as ROMs. That's what the chips in the cartridge are.

The translation patch could be applied to ROM images, but those images could then be burned back to EPROMs and installed into a cartridge.

918786[/snapback]

when was battle and chase released? i dont think its on the anniversey collection (i know power battles 1 & 2 were), is it going on the X collection?

918786[/snapback]

when was battle and chase released? i dont think its on the anniversey collection (i know power battles 1 & 2 were), is it going on the X collection?

918837[/snapback]

Yah, it's gonna be on the X collection.

It barely missed a US release in it's original form.

Capcom had already taken the magazine ads out and they were running when SCEA yanked their release license out from under them.

The First Mega Man gets my vote... I remember beating that game with some friends over a few days after I got the game. :) The huge M&M guy was a royal pain but I managed to beat him (only to hear about the pause trick later on!) and it was one of the few games that when you beat it, you had a sense of accomplishment.

The ending was great too... made MM2 something I wanted bad (and all future sequels). They just made them too easy after the first one. Though I did like the password system! :)