IGNORED

My exidy crossbow project

Dav

I know I've mentioned here I was planning on making my crossbow run multiple games. Well, I finally got around to doing it. I haven't installed it in my crossbow yet. I'm running it in a jamma cab. Anyway it has a menu that lets you pick between all the exidy 440 games when you boot. So I can finally play chiller :) I still have to move some of the dips around so they all have the same freeplay dip but for the most part it's done.

post-1541-1124860318_thumb.jpg

post-1541-1124860339_thumb.jpg

Had not seen that kit out there.  Where did you get it?  That might validate me getting an Exidy game sometime (I played the heck out of Cheyanne as a kid!).  I have a no-gun rule in my collection, but that one is nostalgia-ed in :)

Congrats!

Cassidy

918059[/snapback]

This is my design. I will probably sell a few beta test versions eventually, after I've fixed the freeplay dips to be the same on all games. I was hoping the dips would line up and I wouldn't have to patch the software at all. I'm handling the protection in hardware rather than patching. That reminds me though, I still have to work out some way to lock out some of the games. Chiller and crackshot both have breif nudity as well as violence and I'll probably have a dip or something to lock those.

Have you come up with a good solution to handle all varied controls? Switching from a lightgun game to Top Secret?

918188[/snapback]

No unfortunatly not. At this point I'm planning on inlcuding top secret because I have the free space but I don't expect anyone to be able to play it. I've seen the control panels on ebay before but I've always been outbid. I'm assuming if you had the original contol panel you could swap it out to play.

If someone were to do it, the buttons are straight forward and could be wired in. I haven't figured out the steering control/throttle at all. It does look like it might be worth figuring out, kind of like spy hunter meets stocker. It's not too late for me to include some kind of port on the board design, but even if I do convert it to buttons instead of analog steering for say a sega joystick, a 6 button stick woudln't get it. I count 9 buttons plus R&L for steering :(

All the other games use the standard gun + start button. Showdown actually uses 6 buttons instead of a gun but it auto detects if you have a gun installed and switches to gun only when you pull the trigger.

Edited by Dav