IGNORED

FB2 with your kids!

I have to say that one of the best things about the FB2 is sharing it with my 4 year old son. Seeing these "new" games through his eyes is a treat, and it reminds me of some of the magic of my first time around the Atari block. Thanks to Curt and Co. for making this happen!

My son's favorite so far are:

Adventure (mostly watching Dad play)

Haunted House (he's pretty good)

Maze Craze (two player fun- I follow his lead through the maze)

Outlaw (the guy falling on his butt tickles my son every time)

Combat (the planes! the PLANES!)

Anybody else enjoying this with their kids? What are their takes on the classics?

-Bill

I have to say that one of the best things about the FB2 is sharing it with my 4 year old son.  Seeing these "new" games through his eyes is a treat, and it reminds me of some of the magic of my first time around the Atari block.  Thanks to Curt and Co. for making this happen!

Anybody else enjoying this with their kids?  What are their takes on the classics?

-Bill

918466[/snapback]

:thumbsup:

My kids have an original to play with, but I'll be buying FB2s for nieces and nephews this Christmas :)

and my kids do enjoy the classics as well..

I have to say that one of the best things about the FB2 is sharing it with my 4 year old son.  Seeing these "new" games through his eyes is a treat, and it reminds me of some of the magic of my first time around the Atari block.  Thanks to Curt and Co. for making this happen!

Anybody else enjoying this with their kids?  What are their takes on the classics?

-Bill

918466[/snapback]

My daughter is the same way, she likes to play "Dragons" but interestingly enough... she likes me to play Adventure II more then regular adventure...

Then she likes to play "the guy" which is her way of saying Pitfall! She loves to say "oh no! Crocodiles!" and "he's swinging daddy!"

Her other favorite game is "fish" which is her name for Aquaventure because she likes to see Ariel, the mermaid... she's 3, so she has her own way to seeing things ;-)

So it definitely is a joy to watch her and to watch all the kids I've seen step up and try out the Flashback 2's, play the games and really enjoy themselves.

Curt

My kids love the unit. I have a real 2600 and 7800 but I guess they like the fast hook up and menu of the FB2.

I keep trying to push the to play Atari Climber but I guess they've had enough of that when I was working on it :) My son tells me that he doesn't want to play baseball (what he calls it). He also keeps asking me to do a football game :roll:

They like to see me "try" and play Adventure II. They love to see that bat come and steal my items. The also like Dodge'em and my son likes Fatal Run.

I guess they'll move on to the other games after they've played those for a while.

When they walk off I fire up Millipede for a quick game.

Makes me wish there were some kids around the FB2 here.

True how kids see things their own way. I remember a Christmas a couple years back where I bought my cousin's kids some of the kiddie-fied Transformers toys. (a car/robot and an ape/robot) They loved to play with them, but the car was just a toy car to race on the floor, and the other robot wood be flown around the room while the kid yells "Bud Lide Ear!!" (Buzz Lightyear).

Maybe I should spread some FB2's around this holiday season. :)

A friend of mine allowed her 11 year old son to stay the night. I felt bad because I had hooked up the FB2 and I think that's why he wanted to stay.

He thoroughly enjoyed it, and at the same time stress tested my joysticks!

He began with Caverns of Mars, then progressed into things like Combat and Outlaw.

My ex girlfriend was over, too. The three of us shared many turns on the Flashback 2.

Since the kid was so well behaved in general (let alone with the Atari) I might bust out the 7800 for him the next time he's over.

Last night my buddy and his family (including their 11 year old son) came over. After dinner we all played the FB2 for about 2 hours - favorites included Arcade Asteroids (with Starplex controller :)), Centipede, Pong, and Adventure 2. The funny thing is that the 11 year old was saying that he would never play Atari but when his father and I started it up he couldn't resist. He was the last to go! :)

Anyway, thanks again to Curt & Co. for a great product!

I finally got tired of waiting for a non-Wal-Mart unit and brought one home last night. My kids played for at least an hour, espcially my son who turns 4 this month. He played lots of Adventure because that's the game that he can start without browsing the menus. He also enjoyed Combat and calls Pitfall "The Man Game".

We'll play more tonight!

I sure wish I *had* waited. Checking more games last night I found nothing but problems with my FB2!

By the way...is there supposed to be an orange area in the game Adventure where you are exploring by flashlight? It doesn't seem like it's working right, but I really never played the original so I don't know. Just a small area around the player is visible and the rest of the screen is dark gray.

-Bill

918466[/snapback]

My daughter is the same way, she likes to play "Dragons" but interestingly enough... she likes me to play Adventure II more then regular adventure...

Then she likes to play "the guy" which is her way of saying Pitfall! She loves to say "oh no! Crocodiles!" and "he's swinging daddy!"

Her other favorite game is "fish" which is her name for Aquaventure because she likes to see Ariel, the mermaid... she's 3, so she has her own way to seeing things ;-)

So it definitely is a joy to watch her and to watch all the kids I've seen step up and try out the Flashback 2's, play the games and really enjoy themselves.

Curt

918517[/snapback]

I am 41 years old and I say "Oh no, crocodiles" and "He's swinging, daddy" too. *scratches head*