IGNORED

PS2 to ST adapter

exxosuk

Hi all,

http://www.cps-electronics.co.uk/web/PS2.htm

We are now taking orders for the PS2 to ST mouse converter.

We need to get at least 25 orders to make the project worthwhile! Tell

all

your friends and don't miss this fantastic adapter!

The adapter is 100% plug and play with adjustable 4 adjustable speed

settings, have a FAST mouse in ST HIGH RES! Ditch your old brick mouse

and

go for the smooth PS2 option!

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all,

all

and

Chris

919263[/snapback]

Hello

I saw the Ebay boxed version that was up for GB only..will the versions you sell be the same or will it be as in the piccy without the case over the PCB?

Thanks

twbrown

Hi all,

all

and

Chris

919263[/snapback]

Hello

I saw the Ebay boxed version that was up for GB only..will the versions you sell be the same or will it be as in the piccy without the case over the PCB?

Thanks

twbrown

925044[/snapback]

Alison is selling boxed versions for UK at the moment, I dont know if she will sell them worldwide.... am trying to convince her ;-)

The ones I am selling are as they are on my webpage, they plug under the ST's ports.

chris

Hi twbrown :-)

Am definitely tempted to sell the boxed versions worldwide but as discussed with Exxos earlier, a little concerned at how post works worldwide. I don't want anything to get lost, equally not to cause the customer a headache or me.

If there's a way to get it tracked cheaply then I'll do it. :-)

Aly

ps. Am sitting here discussing post to the USA with Chris atm. We're looking at about $12 for international tracked recorded delivery.

The bare delivery is about £4 with £3.30 on top for the signed bit. So.. about £7ish. That includes £30 insurance too.

Does that sound ok?

Hi twbrown :-)

Am definitely tempted to sell the boxed versions worldwide but as discussed with Exxos earlier, a little concerned at how post works worldwide.  I don't want anything to get lost, equally not to cause the customer a headache or me.

If there's a way to get it tracked cheaply then I'll do it.  :-)

Aly

ps. Am sitting here discussing post to the USA with Chris atm.  We're looking at about $12 for international tracked recorded delivery.

The bare delivery is about £4 with £3.30 on top for the signed bit.  So.. about £7ish.  That includes £30 insurance too.

Does that sound ok?

925070[/snapback]

Hello :)

so if its a go were looking at approx 24 pounds total? 17 for device and 7 for postage correct? That seems fair to me as I don't mine paying a bit more for the external case over the PCB..also i have bought several items from GB off EBAY and haven't had any problems with them arriving in a timely manner (sometimes faster then something from California or Washington state) but if the signature make you more at ease thats cool with me..let me know if you can talk them into it

and thanks :)

twbrown

Hello :)

so if its a go were looking at approx 24 pounds total? 17 for device and 7 for postage correct? That seems fair to me as I don't mine paying a bit more for the external case over the PCB..also i have bought several items from GB off EBAY and haven't had any problems with them arriving in a timely manner (sometimes faster then something from California or Washington state) but if the signature make you more at ease thats cool with me..let me know if you can talk them into it

and thanks :)

twbrown

925174[/snapback]

Hi again :-)

Okies, USA added, Europe, and Austrailia too.

The service we've gone for is Airsure which is priority track-and-trace, 2-5 days are quoted. Chris and I have debated the +'s and -'s of just sending bare which would likely work, as I have had bits delivered from Hong Kong on eBay before never with any problems except they sometimes take ages.

It's really just insurance for you and me so there's no added worry or wondering.

In drawing up the procedures right now, I'll supply any non-UK buyers with the tracking number and URL from the onset.

Aly

Hmmm,

OK, looks like its hiding on the back. I didn't see a cap on the PIC power pin in prior screenshots... Gotta have one. I assume you are using the internal pullups on the clock and data lines as well.

I like the little box by the way, nice packaging. Mine is a dip PIC with wires right to the pins and a blob of hot melt!

Nice job. Good to see the ST tinkering scene is still alive and well.

-Ken

Hmmm,

OK, looks like its hiding on the back.  I didn't see a cap on the PIC power pin in prior screenshots... Gotta have one. I assume you are using the internal pullups on the clock and data lines as well.

I like the little box by the way, nice packaging.  Mine is a dip PIC with wires right to the pins and a blob of hot melt!

Nice job. Good to see the ST tinkering scene is still alive and well.

-Ken

925609[/snapback]

have you done one of these kinda things yourself then Ken ? would be interested in seeing your work.

Chris

have you done one of these kinda things yourself then Ken ? would be interested in seeing your work.

Chris

925613[/snapback]

Yep. Good ST mice are just about impossible to find in the USA, so I cobbled up a PIC and a nice optical PS/2 mouse for my TT030. Not too terrible, a little interrupt to check for PS/2 data and meter out the ST pulses. The PS/2 data drives X and Y deltas, and the ST output decrements them. Acceleration comes from how often you send the ST pulses. I think I used a 16F628A... I'd have to de-glue-blob it to be sure.

I'll have to throw a picture up on my website some time.

The interface you guys did for acceleration is really slick.

-Ken

Chris

925613[/snapback]

Yep. Good ST mice are just about impossible to find in the USA, so I cobbled up a PIC and a nice optical PS/2 mouse for my TT030. Not too terrible, a little interrupt to check for PS/2 data and meter out the ST pulses. The PS/2 data drives X and Y deltas, and the ST output decrements them. Acceleration comes from how often you send the ST pulses. I think I used a 16F628A... I'd have to de-glue-blob it to be sure.

I'll have to throw a picture up on my website some time.

The interface you guys did for acceleration is really slick.

-Ken

925632[/snapback]

Alison did the programming behind the interface, my part was to break it and produce the PCB's.. The ones alison has on Ebay are all her own work.

I know it was a bit tricky to get the phased pulses just right at first but it was soon sorted out. Alison has done a fantastic job on the programming for PeST. I wouldn't be putting the CPS name to it otherwise!

I never really liked the Atari mouse anyway, but after using this module for the past couple of weeks now and after using it you just really dont want to go back to the atari mouse again thats for sure!

chris

Alison did the programming behind the interface, my part was to break it and produce the PCB's.. The ones alison has on Ebay are all her own work.

I know it was a bit tricky to get the  phased pulses just right at first but it was soon sorted out. Alison has done a fantastic job on the programming for PeST. I wouldn't be putting the CPS name to it otherwise!

I never really liked the Atari mouse anyway, but after using this module for the past couple of weeks now and after using it you just really dont want to go back to the atari mouse again thats for sure!

chris

925677[/snapback]

Yah, the pulses took me a little bit. I wound up with a 'list' of the 4 combinations for each axis. Each delta 'unit' moves forward or backward in the list with wrap-around. I've come across a couple mice that don't work well with mine... the timing they expect is kinda funky. That, and a lack of desire to spend a few days soldering kept me from selling them.

-Ken