IGNORED

Getting another C64 and VIC-20

Brad2600

I'm currently in negotiation with someone who says they have a C64 and Vic20 along with games and software. They said that they'd leave it out for me to pick up. I'm trying to figure out exactly where they are though.

I hope they'll have working disk drives and better games as well. Maybe even the original Commie monitors. I'll have to see for sure. I already have a C64 with a bum disk drive and a keyboard that doesn't quite work as well. Hopefully, the stuff I pick up will work. All I can do is hope.

Again, I'm using the local Freecycle thing (where people recycle stuff they don't want by giving it away for free) on Yahoo groups. This would be the 2nd time I've scored some classic systems/computers off this group.

Wish me luck.

Edited by Kepone

Well I also scored a 3DO on the local Freecycle so all you need to do is ask and just hope.

However, some of the requests recently have been ridiculous. I've seen people requesting DVDs that can be had for cheap at Wal-Mart and so forth. :roll:

Well, I picked up all the stuff today. Really nice score as both systems were boxed with original instruction books, etc.

Not a bad score! Didn't cost me a penny. Most things work but I need to clean the C64 keyboard in order to be able to load from disk. Can't type "load" without the "L" key.

Here's a pic below:

post-2042-1125271423_thumb.jpg

Well, I picked up all the stuff today. Really nice score as both systems were boxed with original instruction books, etc.

Not a bad score! Didn't cost me a penny. Most things work but I need to clean the C64 keyboard in order to be able to load from disk. Can't type "load" without the "L" key.

Here's a pic below:

920406[/snapback]

That's an awesome score! Can't beat freebies either! :thumbsup: