IGNORED

Odd discoloration...bad power supply?

TxdoHawk

Heya folks...got my 2600, but games are coming up discolored (example, the greens in Keystone Kapers/Pitfall are coming up this odd brown). I noticed two things.

1.While the power supply I'm using is 9 volts, it's only 100ma. I can't remember how many ma is idea for the 2600...perhaps it's not being fed enough power?

2.Wiggling the end of the wire near the part that plugs into the 2600 does odd things (resets the game, numbers flash like they're running out of time in Keystone, etc.). Perhaps the power supply is just plain bad?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Standard Amperage for the 2600 PS is 500ma. So yeah..100ma isn't quite enough to handle the job. Atari 2600s will run on as low as 7 volts supplied to them...but they do exhibit the odd colors and even distorted sound when you do. So I would suspect a bad Power supply. I can tell you that if jiggling the cord at that Atari base causes the thing to reset etc...then either the wires in the PS connector are loose internally...or the jack on the 2600 is worn out and or possibly loose on the main board of the 2600. Get a different power supply first and see if that helps.