IGNORED

Flashback 2

I'm curious about this unit and if there might be a way to get it to recognize all the Atari ROM's I own. I own nearly all the cartridges but they are in storage. I long ago also dumped the ROM's to files and use various PC emulators to play these days. My actual 2600's long ago died (I owned 2).

I would love to play Warlords again, the way it was meant to be played, but can't see investing in a crippled version of the original. It would seem to be possible to somehow open up the access so that any ROM could be seen and played.

Can anyone comment further on this?

I bought the first Flashback and realized this limitation and decided not to repeat it.

The second Flashback supports the paddles for three games, and Warlords is on it. You will need to browse through the dedicated systems forum and the thread about Wal Mart to find it as it requires a code to access.

There are at least 42 games on the Flashback 2, and they are all 2600 style games. Many of them are actual games from that system.

You also get the best CX-40 Atari joysticks ever made. They work with a standard Atari, and controllers from the standard Atari work with the Flashback 2. Even 7800 joysticks work with it.

You only need whatever joystick you like and a set of paddles--no games that we know fo on the Flashback 2 support anything else. (that's not to say they aren't there).

Also, the Flashback 2 can have a cartige port added to it with varying results. If I were you, I'd invest into a 7800 and a Cuttle Cart 2 so you have all your games on one cart.

I'm curious about this unit and if there might be a way to get it to recognize all the Atari ROM's I own. I own nearly all the cartridges but they are in storage. I long ago also dumped the ROM's to files and use various PC emulators to play these days. My actual 2600's long ago died (I owned 2).

I would love to play Warlords again, the way it was meant to be played, but can't see investing in a crippled version of the original. It would seem to be possible to somehow open up the access so that any ROM could be seen and played.

Can anyone comment further on this?

I bought the first Flashback and realized this limitation and decided not to repeat it.

919896[/snapback]

If you want to play Warlords, buy a Flashback 2 and unlock the hidden games - read the thread about hidden games for the unlock code.

Curt

• 2 weeks later...
The second Flashback supports the paddles for three games, and Warlords is on it.  You will need to browse through the dedicated systems forum and the thread about Wal Mart to find it as it requires a code to access.

There are at least 42 games on the Flashback 2, and they are all 2600 style games.  Many of them are actual games from that system.

You also get the best CX-40 Atari joysticks ever made.  They work with a standard Atari, and controllers from the standard Atari work with the Flashback 2.  Even 7800 joysticks work with it.

You only need whatever joystick you like and a set of paddles--no games that we know fo on the Flashback 2 support anything else.  (that's not to say they aren't there).

Also, the Flashback 2 can have a cartige port added to it with varying results.  If I were you, I'd invest into a 7800 and a Cuttle Cart 2 so you have all your games on one cart.

920001[/snapback]

The second Flashback supports the paddles for three games, and Warlords is on it.

Argh!!! Doesn't anyone believe in spoiler warnings anymore?! Sorry that I live in the land of no FB2's, but I wanted to find out the hidden games for myself... :P ;)

Ah, who am I kidding? I'm the kind of person who reads the end of a novel first. Okay, now that I know, I might as well read the other threads about it.

Is there a good source for paddles as I'd like to get 4-player Warlords going and I'm fairly certain my old paddles are shot if I can even locate them any longer.

Is ebay my only real option here?

929019[/snapback]

It's better first to ask around in the forums here; try the marketplace forum. Some members may be willing to part with an extra set of paddles for less than you would have to pay on e-bay, unless everyone is going to use them for their newly purchased FB2's.

HIDDEN GAMES????!

SWEET!

TELL ME MORE!!

..please!

hahaa!

920539[/snapback]

As Curt said...check the thread dedicated tothe hidden games...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75350

920754[/snapback]

What's with the "go find the codes yourself somewhere else hidden in this forum or elsewehere" attitude -- why not be a pal and just pony up the codes and the games and let's not play "ring around the rosey, a pocket full of poseys -- ashes, ashes, we all fall down." Actually im not sure where I was going with that but you get my drift. :ponder:

What's with the "go find the codes yourself somewhere else hidden in this forum or elsewehere" attitude -- why not be a pal and just pony up the codes and the games and let's not play "ring around the rosey, a pocket full of poseys -- ashes, ashes, we all fall down."  Actually im not sure where I was going with that but you get my drift.  :ponder:

930220[/snapback]

Because I didn't want to spoil them in yet another forum that someone wanting to figure it out for themselves might be reading... :roll: