IGNORED

Searching for the Atari 2600 Cuttle Cart...........

Skywalker

chad is sold out of the cuttle carts he does have a waiting list.. hopefully if he gets enough people on the waiting list he might make more cuttle carts.... i hope so i would like to get one for a spare and another one for a trade

for those of you that have a cuttle cart if you're interested in the CCU cd set

we only have a few left!!

Take Care,

Rick

Those of you who do own the Cuttle Cart, How do you input the games to the Cuttle Cart??

From Cd...or tape. I saw the 6 CD set "The Cuttle Cart Underground" is that the only way to play the games?

When reading about the CCU set the company ResQsoft said there were only 25 sets made, I would like to hear more about the Cuttle Cart from all of you who do own one....

I would also be happy to buy two or three more Cuttle Carts if Chad were to offer them again. I dread the day that I might somehow ruin my Cuttle Cart in a power supply mishap. (or ruin it while attempting to modify it to include a fuse in order to avoid a power supply mishap)

Mabey some of you Atari programers, developers, or Guru's out there can ask CHRIS if he would share his plans/schematics.

So the Cuttle Cart can be cloned and made available to the rest of us who dont already have one.

Any Ideas, or comments??? Let's hear them.......

Chad didn't NEED to get Bridgestone's license, as he could have made his own algorithms. But licensing was faster, so that's the route he took. So, someone else could license it, and/or someone else could roll their own. But so far Chad's been the only guy to do it. I'm pretty sure he won't hand over his plans, but he'd probably help somebody else (give advice etc) who wanted to do a similar thing.

quote:

Originally posted by Nateo:

Do ya s'pose Chad could get a patent on his creation? And in the mean time, do you think Bridgestone Media and Chad could give someone else the rights to build the Cuttle Carts?

Patents are very expensive, it's simply not worth it for something like this. There's no market to license the patent to, and if people want to create a device to transfer data from your PC to a special 2600 cart, there are plenty of other ways to do it without using the same scheme that the Supercharger does. Maybe Starpath patented the idea when they originally created the Supercharger, I don't know.

And unless Chad has announced that he never plans on making more Cuttle Carts (which I doubt), I don't think he'd freely give the plans out to anyone. I personally think there's enough of a market for another run of a 100 carts, especially if Chad wants to sell them at CGE2K2. He didn't have to do very much in the way of advertising to sell his previous two runs.

..Al

Good point. I didn't pick one up at CGE 2K1, 'cause I really hadn't heard much about it. I just saw it as a glorified Supercharger. And $100 seemed too steep for that.

However, I have kicked myself in the butt 1,000 times over for not grabbing one when I had the chance. Chad is very knowledgable (and a great guy too) and I wished I had supported his project when I had the chance. I pray he'll create 1 more run for CGE 2K2 so I can correct last year's blunder.

Gee, I guess it's time I should chime in on this subject eh?

Russ:

Regarding the algorithms, the ones in the Cuttle Cart are new, they're just backwards compatible. That's why the Cuttle Cart can load faster than the Supercharger. But alas, I was advised by a lawyer that using alternate algorithms is not sufficient since I already had access to the Starpath ones. It's terribly complicated and generally annoying, but I would never have released it without the license.

As for assigning someone else to make these, I do not have the right to transfer my license.

Snider-Man:

It IS a glorified Supercharger. Just one that plays lots more games.

Ubersaurus:

You're right on the reason for choosing the Cuttlefish. That and I wanted to inform a small part of the world about them. (Hubie - Cuttlefish and Octopus are both cephalopods.)

Everyone:

Right now I have no time to make Cuttle Carts. It is very unlikely that I will ever produce more. I will likely be leaving California fairly soon, so I am closing down my business license. Making more in the future would require obtaining a new license, etc. It could happen, but it won't be soon.

Chad

@Chad Schell

Thank you for making these available to a small portion of the world. I won one of these from you on eBay a few months back and I LOVE it! I got a chance to play a couple of game that I had always wanted to (including Waterworld which I didn't have at the time.) I love being able to leave my games on the shelf and just using the Cuttle Cart!