IGNORED

What was the year you bought your first Jaguar?

justclaws

What was the year you got your first Jaguar?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What was the year you got your first Jaguar?

• 2006 (for poll longevity)
    • I don't own a real Jaguar...

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I got my first in the spring of 94 and it cost £250 through mail order. Looking back it was far too expensive for what it was yet I paid £150 for the CD unit which I was not too impressed with. The Jaguar had a lot of potential but was let down by Atari's policy of likited investment in it.

Got it as a gift in '97 (?) from KB toys. If memory serves it was $50 and came with Cybermorph. I also got an extra controller, Supercross 3D, Pitfall, and White Men Can't Jump (euch) for $10-$15 each.

Wish I would have stumbled across some of those Tiger closeouts back then, those were sweet prices on some great games.

I bought the Atari Jaguar Console and a couple of games in 1993. I loved it. I played with it everynight. I put it on my pillow next to me and I gently carressed it's exterior as I told it stories about the early days in Atari's history and when I am sure it's fast asleep (it makes a cute low-level snoring sound) I then proceed to pull up the sheet half over it's plastic body and put my arm around it and then fall asleep with my best friend. In the morning I get up quietly and make some scrambled eggs, bacon and toast (with a glass of orange juice) and serve it to my friend on a tray so he can have breakfast in bed. After breakfast and a shower we put on our under-roos and I connect my Atari Jaguar Console to the TV and play Cybermorph for 12 hours straight. I love you, Atari Jaguar. I always loved you and I always will. :lust:

Long Live the Jaguar!

Doug

Currently adoring the "DEFENDER 2000" game cartridge in the Atari Jaguar Console because Jeff Minter is god.

Edited by Atari_Jaguar

I bought the Atari Jaguar Console and a couple of games in 1993. I loved it. I played with it everynight. I put it on my pillow next to me and I gently carressed it's exterior as I told it stories about the early days in Atari's history and when I am sure it's fast asleep (it makes a cute low-level snoring sound) I then proceed to pull up the sheet half over it's plastic body and put my arm around it and then fall asleep with my best friend. In the morning I get up quietly and make some scrambled eggs, bacon and toast (with a glass of orange juice) and serve it to my friend on a tray so he can have breakfast in bed. After breakfast and a shower we put on our under-roos and I connect my Atari Jaguar Console to the TV and play Cybermorph for 12  hours straight. I love you, Atari Jaguar. I always loved you and I always will.    :lust:

Long Live the Jaguar!

Doug

Currently adoring the "DEFENDER 2000" game cartridge in the Atari Jaguar Console because Jeff Minter is god.

929091[/snapback]

For F*#@'s Sake! I'm glad i wasn't drinking when i read your post!!! Trying to keep quiet while everyone's asleep is bad enough without almost cracking-up! :rolling:

Hi Serblander!

I agree with you, except for the point that I should have been drinking after reading this :D

No honestly, I can understand how he feels to some degree... Actually when I was about to get my Jag in 1998, it was similar with me... I had an old EGM from 6/94 and I actually adored the screenshots and pictures of the Jag for hours, dreaming how cool it would be to have one... At that time I couldn't find a Jag anywhere.

However after finally getting one I got over that obession quite fast and started looking at the Jag as a normal game system with strengths and weaknesses.

Good, but also bad games. I still liked the Jag a lot, but I had to learn that many games I hoped for were never released. :|

And some other promising looking titles turned out bad too.

When I got into Jag development in 1999 things again changed entirely and from that time on I saw the Jag from a developers point of view, as I realized the difference between promotion, specs and facts.

It's still a cool system, but my main Jag related interest is development, rather than playing jag games. I guess I finished most of the good games so often that it got boring. Although I still enjoy some of my favorite Jag games from time to time.

I think keeping the Jag with new exciting projects alive is most interesting.

However one thing I never understood was, why was everybody always blaming that the Jag failed because of lack of promotion?

I mean if you think about it, there was a lot of promotion and at least in my case it was effective. I have hardly ever awaited a system so eagerly like I awaited my Jag. The problem was just, that Atari couldn't keep what they promised in their promotion. I still think the biggest mistake was, to promote the Jag hardware, rather than creating more good games, that they could promote.

Regards, Lars.