IGNORED

Just got my Flashback 2 from the Atari Age Store

I know there is another huge thread about the unit but I thought I'd post another thread and let people know that the Atari Age unit is perfect, no problems and its really great.

I give it a 4 out of 5. I would give it a 5 out of 5 but for two things:

- No cartridge slot

- Too many homebrews and hacked games

The homebrews and improved hacks are great and also better games, but I prefer originals. Just a personal preference. I also want to play my own carts.

Things for them to think about for a Flashback 3.

The joysticks feel a little different but I can say that they are even better than the originals.

Great job overall and like I said, no problems with the unit from Atari Age.

So #1) Does your Quadrun have voice?

and #2) What Millipede did you get? The Atari or the GCC version?

923282[/snapback]

#1) No

#2) Atari

:(

Is there another Flashback 2 that has voice and has the GCC copy?

Was I swindled?

:D

Oh....I saw the other thread, I guess it varies to a degree.

Edited by cimerians

I just got mine, and the Quadrun is the non-talking type, and the Millipede is the Atari version...

But there's also a bug with Missile Command...the screen rolls like a PAL game

would :? .

Has anyone else sen this? Even when I hit reset the game doesnt start anyway, it just continues to roll. I've tried it on 2 TV's and both the same.

I just got mine, and the Quadrun is the non-talking type, and the Millipede is the Atari version...

would  :?

Has anyone else sen this?  Even when I hit reset the game doesnt start anyway, it just continues to roll.  I've tried it on 2 TV's and both the same.

923315[/snapback]

Did you get yours from AA or locally ?

would  :?

Has anyone else sen this?  Even when I hit reset the game doesnt start anyway, it just continues to roll.  I've tried it on 2 TV's and both the same.

923315[/snapback]

923436[/snapback]

Atariage. :sad:

would   :? .  

923315[/snapback]

923436[/snapback]

923473[/snapback]

Dont have a sad face, you are supporting AA :)

would   :? .  

923315[/snapback]

923436[/snapback]

923473[/snapback]

Dont have a sad face, you are supporting AA :)

923476[/snapback]

Its a sad face because it has a bug. I'm hoping someone might have an idea for a fix. No point in sending it back to AA, but maybe when someone here locally FINALLY does carry it, I'll just buy another and then stick the defective one in the new box and take it back.

What the heck is that?

923329[/snapback]

On a real 2600, the first copy of the ball following RESBL will be displayed, but the first copy of a player or missile following RESPx or RESMx will not. On the FB2, the first copy following any of those things will be displayed.

Not having the first copy displayed is often a nuisance, and only occasionally advantageous, but if code is set up to expect that behavior, such non-display is obligatory. In most games, GRPx or ENAMx will be zero when a sprite is reset, so it doesn't matter whether the first copy is displayed or not. In Missle Command, however, the player sprite holds its shape from the last row of the right hand city when it's reset to the middle of the screen. Note that you'll see the glitch change shape if you achieve a score of zero points on level 13.

What the heck is that?

923329[/snapback]

On a real 2600, the first copy of the ball following RESBL will be displayed, but the first copy of a player or missile following RESPx or RESMx will not. On the FB2, the first copy following any of those things will be displayed.

Not having the first copy displayed is often a nuisance, and only occasionally advantageous, but if code is set up to expect that behavior, such non-display is obligatory. In most games, GRPx or ENAMx will be zero when a sprite is reset, so it doesn't matter whether the first copy is displayed or not. In Missle Command, however, the player sprite holds its shape from the last row of the right hand city when it's reset to the middle of the screen. Note that you'll see the glitch change shape if you achieve a score of zero points on level 13.

924013[/snapback]

In order to check for the glitch changing shape in level 13, I must score zero, that is....do nothing on that specific level?