IGNORED

Tecmo Classic Arcade for xbox

Shannon

"I just got it and I'm a bit disappointed in it. Some games are very much worth it, others are not. No extra features or histories either. Still its oK, I also question the price tag. $40 is waayy too much."

Where'd you buy it? The MSRP is 30 dollars and all the major retailers I've seen are selling it for that price.

933555[/snapback]

I have to start using the preview button. Yes, I paid $30. Its still a bit too much.

• 1 month later...

This particular shows one reason why I don't like official compilations. The music in Bomb Jack has been totally replaced. For a while there I thought the game play was different (from mame at least). Then I realized I had to set difficulty to easy to match MAME's default settings.

Konami did this as well with frogger.

But regardless for classic gaming goodness. This is definetly the year.

• 7 months later...

I was in Best Buy today and they had this for $9.99. Just a heads up for others who may have been holding off on picking this up. I didn't really want to pay $30, but I didn't balk at paying $10. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it's worth $10. It doesn't look to be the best of these compilations game-wise, as there are not many that I played religiously growing up, but I'm sure there are a few gems.

And what the hell is with Best Buy trying to sell replacement plans for game discs, now? Jesus! Will you just leave me alone?

I was in Best Buy today and they had this for $9.99. Just a heads up for others who may have been holding off on picking this up. I didn't really want to pay $30, but I didn't balk at paying $10. Haven't tried it yet, but I'm sure it's worth $10. It doesn't look to be the best of these compilations game-wise, as there are not many that I played religiously growing up, but I'm sure there are a few gems.

And what the hell is with Best Buy trying to sell replacement plans for game discs, now? Jesus! Will you just leave me alone?

First EB and now Best Buy is getting in on this? Oy... I recall hearing about Best Buy getting into the pre-owned games so I suppose that's the next step.

As for this bundle... there are some classics on the disk which gets my interest and now the price is looking good too! This may be one of the first titles I get for the 360 (getting close to buying one).

Solomon's Key may not get much play from me as I recall getting to level 43 on the NES and then we got stuck... couldn't figure it out and never played the game again. LOL!