IGNORED

FB2 plastic fatigue?

Anyone here have their FB2 joysticks break on them?

I've had my FB2 for about a month now, not playing constantly, but getting some time in almost daily. I try to avoid working them too hard, though a few others have played with my FB2 and may have been harder on the controllers than I realize.

A couple days back, I noticed something rattling around inside the joystick base. I opened it up, and found one of the tabs around the edges of the stick base (the flat part that presses the rubber contacts down) had snapped off. The controller worked fine otherwise, so I took the broken tab out and closed the controller. The next day, the controller was rattling again with another snapped tab, which I removed. The day after that, as I finished up a spirited game of Adventure 2, the entire stick snapped off at the point where it screws into the base.

Still got another controller left, but I'm a little wary that it might do the same thing. So I'm wondering if there's any similar stories out there. I'm hoping this was mostly a fluke, as otherwise I really like the FB2 controller.

Your stick broke?!?!? Wow! Send a photo if you can, I'd like to see, we purposely pushed the sticks to extreme directions in the lab to stress the sticks to the max to give them a run for their money, so far, other then purposely putting a foot down onto a stick and attempting to crush/snap the stick off, that has been the only time a stick are physically snapped off.

Curt

Anyone here have their FB2 joysticks break on them?

I've had my FB2 for about a month now, not playing constantly, but getting some time in almost daily. I try to avoid working them too hard, though a few others have played with my FB2 and may have been harder on the controllers than I realize.

A couple days back, I noticed something rattling around inside the joystick base. I opened it up, and found one of the tabs around the edges of the stick base (the flat part that presses the rubber contacts down) had snapped off. The controller worked fine otherwise, so I took the broken tab out and closed the controller. The next day, the controller was rattling again with another snapped tab, which I removed. The day after that, as I finished up a spirited game of Adventure 2, the entire stick snapped off at the point where it screws into the base.

Still got another controller left, but I'm a little wary that it might do the same thing. So I'm wondering if there's any similar stories out there. I'm hoping this was mostly a fluke, as otherwise I really like the FB2 controller.

925906[/snapback]