IGNORED

Flashback or Flashback 2

Which of the Atari Flashback consoles do u like best?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the Atari Flashback consoles do u like best?

• Flashback (with 7800 & 2600 games)
    • Flashback 2 (with old and new 2600 games)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I LOVE the Flashback 2 way better than the first Flashback because it's a real working Atari 2600 VCS. I also had the first Flashback (I got it for Christmas last year from my father) but the games were redone, like on the Jakks Pacific TV Games but much worse. At least the Jakks TV Games tried to match the originals, but Atari totally redid every game on the first Flashback that they look totally different. For example, play Solaris on an actual 2600 and then play it on the Flashback 1. The original cart performs flawlessly, while on the Flashback 1 the action was extremely choppy. Another example is Breakout. In the original cart (and the Jakks TV Games for that matter) the ball is served to your pong-like paddle. On the Flashback 1, the ball shoot from the paddle like it had been all ready hit!

Now I like the Flashback 2 because the games were not re-created. They are from the original cartridge sources, mainly because, as stated previously, it's an actual working 2600 VCS. It has 40 games built in, as opposed to Flashback 1's 20 games. Plus the Flashback 2 has brand-new games and unreleased prototypes, including Combat 2, Frog Pond, and Saboteur (that last one also appeared on the first Flashback). And it has actual working 2600 joysticks that you can use on your old Atari systems as well as the Flashback 2. Plus, you can also modify it to actually play your old carts, as stated by Atari Historical Society's Curt Vendel, who helped Atari design both Flashback consoles. If you want one, pick it up at either Walmart, Atari's website, or here at AtariAge (though in limited quantities).

This is a stupid question. It's more like, "So do you want to play with a NES on a chip doing a shit job emulating some atari games? Or do you want to bust out a 2005 real deal ATARI and thrash on some brand new 2600 games unill we want to play some of the classics we already have the carts of and hack ourselves a new cart port on this bad boy??"

Hmmmm, NES ? Atari? Ya right, I don't think those words should be typed in the same month let alone the same post in regarding to quality of an ATARI product.

So ya I like the FB2 a little more than the first one..lol.. :D

There's really no contest here at all, but I must admit that ON PAPER, the Flashback I sounded pretty cool. I liked the 7800 and there are no modern collections with Solaris or Food Fight in them. Too bad both were almost unplayable in this nasty little system.

The FB2 might not be perfect, but at least it doesn't "stink out loud." :) Too bad we can't just forget that FB1 ever happened at all.

Can you add the FB3 to the poll? If Atari doesn't go out of business, you might be able to put cartridges into it (and play them) and have a bunch of games built in too.

They already have an example to look at, so even if they are devoid of creativity, they still might do it since the damn thing is sitting there right in front of them. I vote for the FB3. If it never comes, I vote for a modified FB2:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=75909