IGNORED

Flashback 2 Online Manual?

I've been hearing about an Online version of the FB2 manual for a while. What is the progress on that?

I was a bit disappointed but not too surprised to see the quick paragraphs in the printed manual that don't say one thing about game select options. I'm glad I have 80% of the original instruction manuals but what about everyone else?

I've been hearing about an Online version of the FB2 manual for a while.  What is the progress on that?

I was a bit disappointed but not too surprised to see the quick paragraphs in the printed manual that don't say one thing about game select options.  I'm glad I have 80% of the original instruction manuals but what about everyone else?

927442[/snapback]

The online manual has reportedly been completed and sent to Atari, so it's up to the Atari web site master to post it.

From www.atari.com:

Database error: Internal Error

MySQL Error: 1030 (Got error 28 from table handler)

Session halted.

Doesn't look like the manual got posted yet.

Between their inability to maintain their front page and all the negative business news swirling around the company, does anyone want to put odds on ATARI's long-term survival? :sad: :sad: :sad:

Neat, glad to see it. The Combat description is bugged. :dunce:

Is this the right version of Asteroids?

The high score of the game appears at the end of the game and is updated as higher scores are tallied in later games. The high score remains on the screen until you turn off your Atari®Flashback 2 Classic Game Console.

This is in the included paper manual, too, but I haven't seen where it shows up.

Ditto this. It sounds more like the 7800 version.

Game Variations

Standard Play

This variation is for one player, or two players alternating.

Competition Asteroids

Two players appear on screen at the same time. Your ship is vulnerable to shots fired by the other player. You benefit by helping the other player stay alive.

Team Asteroids

Two players appear on screen at the same time and share reserve ships.Your photon torpedoes pass through the other player’s ships without disabling them.

Asteroids really needs a Game Select Matrix, too. Is it missing from the online manual because there's no scan on AtariAge?

Is it missing from the online manual because there's no scan on AtariAge?

If at all possible, scans were not taken from Atari Age and were done from my personal collection of manuals, boxes, and catalogs (and it took a lot of hours to scan everything). In fact, maybe about 1-2% of the artwork came from Atari Age scanned artwork.

The decision to not include as much graphics as I would have liked (including more Game Select Matrixes) was because the delivery method and other restrictions were unknown and/or constantly changing. For example, I designed it in non-centered 800 x 600 because I thought they were going to fit it in to their own template (their top border and side menu). There were other prepared graphics for some of the homebrew games as well that I was given that did not go in either.

Edited by wgungfu

The manual is now online:

http://www.atari.com/us/images/games/FBK2/manual/main.htm

I noticed the Bonus Online Content index item wasn't linked to anything?

930451[/snapback]

The "Bonus Online Content" text isn't linked, but the "Fuji" logo beside it is.

Also, the second page of Missile Command instructions contains a paragraph from the Centipede instructions. There's a typo on the MC first page too, "Rytolians" instead of "Krytolians" in the first paragraph.

I take it this stuff was assembled very slapdash with no proofreading whatsoever. These errors plus the bugs in the console itself do not instill me with confidence in the "new" Atari.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

Just wanted to let people know that the print version (text only except for the cover) of the manual is now up, as is some of the material in the bonus section.

934711[/snapback]

Uh, where is the printable version? If it's at the same link, I can't find it.

Thanks