IGNORED

Atari Jaguar Portable

Fletch

Nice! but looks bulkier than the atari 2600 portables I've seen on Ben Heckendorn's site.

927676[/snapback]

Well the Jag's PCB is much bigger and multi layered so cutting it up is pretty much out of the question. It's still bigger than it could be though. The one that I was making would have been significantly smaller.

Hello,

I heard that he was selling them at CGE for about $300.

How's that sound, as an alternative to a Sony PSPee.

Cheers,

JustClaws.

927747[/snapback]

Ha ha hah ha ha ha HAH HAH HAH ha ha ha ha! He said "PsPee."

928626[/snapback]

PsPee.... shouldn't that be PsPeeWee

It's a cool hack but the thing is way to big for a portable and it must weigh alot.  I

think you would be better off with a PSP or DS and a Jaguar emulator.  If either

system could emu Jaguar at full speed with sound.

930556[/snapback]

Not a chance. It takes a high end computer to run a Jaguar emulator.

It's a cool hack but the thing is way to big for a portable and it must weigh alot.  I

think you would be better off with a PSP or DS and a Jaguar emulator.  If either

930556[/snapback]

930615[/snapback]

PSP couldn't do it?

930556[/snapback]

930615[/snapback]

PSP couldn't do it?

930634[/snapback]

I personally don't think so. Project Tempest requires at least a 2 ghz. proc to run with sound. The PSP's main proc runs at 333mhz max.

930556[/snapback]

930615[/snapback]

PSP couldn't do it?

930634[/snapback]

I personally don't think so. Project Tempest requires at least a 2 ghz. proc to run with sound. The PSP's main proc runs at 333mhz max.

930731[/snapback]

Yeah I'm running a 1.5ghz and although the graphics are fine the sound is still a bit choppy.

As cool as handhelds being able to play console games is the jag doesn't seem to have to many games that would be fun portable games.  Like tempest and raiden would be but that seems to be it.

930563[/snapback]

I can think of quite a few other games that would be fun to play portable. The first games that come to mind are Doom, Wolf 3d, and Missile Command 3d. Platform games are always great portable games so Zool 2, Bubsy, and Rayman can also be added to that list. I am sure Flashback would be nice portable as well. I could go on and on about which Jag games I think would make good portable games. I will leave it with those.