IGNORED

Flashback 2 stories

At the checkout counter the cashier (a female) was like oh my gosh I had an atari!

I said you had a 2600?! (hay it was suprising to me because, neither of my parents had a 2600 let alone an atari. she also said that she had a 7800 and my mom said ive been facinated about this kindve stuff. so I left happy with my FB2.

The End.

when i bot my FB2, i waz all like, how much is it? and the store man waz lke its 30 buks and i waz alike here it is dood  and he was like thnz man amd i was like i have a fb2 the end.

929591[/snapback]

Did you really find one in Canada or are you just being sarcastic?

when i bot my FB2, i waz all like, how much is it? and the store man waz lke its 30 buks and i waz alike here it is dood  and he was like thnz man amd i was like i have a fb2 the end.

929591[/snapback]

Did you really find one in Canada or are you just being sarcastic?

929630[/snapback]

Stories have to be true? :P

929754[/snapback]

Ah, very good.

Okay, here's mine: MyFB2felloutoftheskyandhitmeontheheadandkilledmetheend.

I didn't buy one either because I have heard that when you plug one in and push the on button the unit begins to make a loud buzz sound then it explodes into flames with a loud report. The last thing I want is to be rolling on the floor trying to put a thirty dollar fire out on the carpet and people standing around going "Man, im glad that wasn't me."

Okay, i'm not sure they really burst into flames but until I hear they are working better I am holding out. :)

Best Regards,

Doug

Currently playing "DEFENDER 2000" on the Atari Jaguar Console.

Edited by Atari_Jaguar

Once upon a time, I drove out to Wal-Mart and bought an Atari Flashback 2 as soon as they were available. I played it and enjoyed it quite a bit, and made frequent posts on AtariAge about it. Then people started bitching about miniscule little nitpicking problems with it, which got blown up into comments about how it was "fucked up," "Chinese-made junk," "defective," how customers were getting "screwed" by Atari, and more. Now I don't participate in the Dedicated Systems forum as much. The end.

This is my FB2 story.

I live in Mexico, so FB2 are not available here and I don't know if they will be. I was waiting for the first opportunity to go to the US to buy me one. And last week, they told me at work I had to go to San Diego for some meetings! So, after finishing my work stuff, I had all Friday afternoon free to look for one. I wasn't very familiar with the area where the office and my hotel were, so I spent 30 mins trying to find a Walmart. Finally I saw one on the distance. I looked for the toy department immediately, and at first sight there was an alley full of plug-and-play "TV games". I was a bit excited, so I took my time. I walked through the alley slowly, and stopped at times to take a closer look at some of those games that I don't own. Street Fighter seemed cool BTW. So there I was approaching the end of the alley and no sign for a FB2. I was starting to get sad, when I saw a bunch of FB1s. I already have two (honestly I haven't played with them more than a couple times) but at least there were flashbacks. So I begun to take some of them, to see if there was something behind, and yup, there was ONE and only one FB2 :cool:

I grabbed it, and took it to the cashier. There was a lady there paying for her groceries in front of me and she told me "OMG, is that an Atari? are they selling it again?" and I explained to her. She sounded really excited about it.

So, I ran to the hotel, to later get really upset because their TVs don't have an AV input. Damn. I had to wait until my return to Mexico.

After crossing border lines and deal with customs agents with no problems, I got to my home yesterday. I hooked it up immediately - and it worked, much better than I thought. I am really impressed by the overall quality, and to be honest, I really doubt that 99% or more of general consumers will think other way. :P

I'm sorry, but you must post a picture of your FB2 by some Mexican beer or tequila otherwise I'll have to inform customs to reposess your unit. ;)

This is my FB2 story.

I live in Mexico, so FB2 are not available here and I don't know if they will be. I was waiting for the first opportunity to go to the US to buy me one. And last week, they told me at work I had to go to San Diego for some meetings! So, after finishing my work stuff, I had all Friday afternoon free to look for one. I wasn't very familiar with the area where the office and my hotel were, so I spent 30 mins trying to find a Walmart. Finally I saw one on the distance. I looked for the toy department immediately, and at first sight there was an alley full of plug-and-play "TV games". I was a bit excited, so I took my time. I walked through the alley slowly, and stopped at times to take a closer look at some of those games that I don't own. Street Fighter seemed cool BTW. So there I was approaching the end of the alley and no sign for a FB2. I was starting to get sad, when I saw a bunch of FB1s. I already have two (honestly I haven't played with them more than a couple times) but at least there were flashbacks. So I begun to take some of them, to see if there was something behind, and yup, there was ONE and only one FB2  :cool:

I grabbed it, and took it to the cashier. There was a lady there paying for her groceries in front of me and she told me "OMG, is that an Atari? are they selling it again?" and I explained to her. She sounded really excited about it.

So, I ran to the hotel, to later get really upset because their TVs don't have an AV input. Damn. I had to wait until my return to Mexico.

After crossing border lines and deal with customs agents with no problems, I got to my home yesterday. I hooked it up immediately - and it worked, much better than I thought. I am really impressed by the overall quality, and to be honest, I really doubt that 99% or more of general consumers will think other way.  :P

933772[/snapback]

This one time, I got a FB2 from Wal-Mart, and I Modded the case and installed a cartridge port, and then I tried to do the soldering for the cartridge port, and I pulled off some of the solder pads off of the motherboard, and then I put the wires back where they went originally, and I tried to fire up the FB2 and it didn't work anymore.

So then this other time, I won an Ebay auction for an Atari 7800 and several cartridges and I resolved not to do any mods that required soldering to the 7800, because I didn't want to EFF it up like I did my beloved FB2.

My sordid love affair with the Flashback 2 started with a pocket full of change, a couple beers, and a gut full of anguish. I wish I could tell you that this is a happy story but love has a way of shattering your dreams and leaving a hole in your heart. Whatever became of my 4-switch woody I may never know. Whispers on the street tell of an unfortunate occurrence with a train. Others speak of another lover but I know this to not be true. Ours was a true love: unbreakable by gods, undiluted by words. My 4-switch may have been gone, but my problems were just beginning.

I met her one night at Marley's Pub just west of the old diner that serves buttered buns with a side of strawberry jam, just like Mom used to make. She was on the stage dancing to a room full of drunken coal miners and suits. Her figure was not unlike that of 4-switch and I couldn't help but feel a little guilty watching her. She put on all the moves you'd seen before, but it was when she looked in my direction, square in my eyes, that I knew she had just danced some new moves only for me.

I downed the last of my drink, wiped my mouth, and walked up to the stage. Suddenly the music got louder, the patrons more rowdy, and the smoke got thicker. And she...danced harder. It was then that I reached into my pocket and loosed the three thousand pennies I had saved up onto the stage. Without a word she jumped off the stage and into my arms. She gave me a look like 4-switch used to. Her eyes said "Take me home". I asked her name. "Flashback 2" she replied. I fell in love all over again.

It was a brisk night and Flashback 2 was wearing but woodgrain. Fortunately a cab pulled up and took us away from Marley's. The evening had waned into the forbidden hours when only creatures of the night have business. The sky was blanketed in clouds and the night was illuminated only by the occasional street light. It was but Flashback 2 and I that mattered at that moment. We were in bliss. Just then I heard a voice, "She'll never be true". It was a voice I had not heard in years, and attributable to a face long in the past: 4-switch!

I could see glints of chrome outside my window. I turned to Flashback 2 but she didn't seem to notice anything or hear any voices. From behind I heard a whipping sound like someone swinging a power supply by its cord. Then I heard the bang of the power supply on the trunk, followed shortly by more whipping. This continued as another image appeared that I could only attribute to the beverages I consumed and the guilt in my heart. The gear shifter turned into a CX40. Then the steering wheel turned into a paddle controller. "She can never replace me!" came that voice again. Then the cab driver turned around and wore the face of the only one who belonged to that voice. "Noo!" I screamed and lunged for the paddle/wheel. I turned it with all my heart but it maxed out after only about one hundred twenty degrees of rotation.

I never heard the sound of the cab plunging into the ravine and coming to a stop in front of a once-proud tree. I never saw the cab driver get hurled through the windshield. As I came to I looked over to Flashback 2 only to see an empty seat and the accusing face of my long lost love, my one and only 4-switch.