IGNORED

six page FB 2 spread in Sept. Hardcore Gamer mag

Anyone see this? I just got it in the mail today.. It has a review of the FB2, an interview with Curt Vendel, Aaron Curtis, as well as a writeup on how to hack the thing. :lol:

I'd scan it.. but there's no need to. The PDF is available right on their site! (it's still a launch mag).

http://www.hardcoregamermag.com/download.html

Check out Vol 1. Issue 4. The article starts on page 19 of the PDF (p. 36 of the actual magazine)

I'm really starting to like this Hardcore Gamer mag.. one look at it and it's obviously the resurrection of the old Diehard Gamefanmagazine :lust: which I'm sure a lot of us here (including myself) were fans of. I might just give them my money and subscribe when the time comes.

post-31-1126767790_thumb.jpg

Edited by NE146

Yeah I got my issue of HGM yesterday and was impressed with the coverage that the FB2 got. They offer free .pdfs of the magazine online so everyone can check out the spread:

The issue with the Flasback stuff is Volume 1, Issue 4, September 2005 (26 megs). There's also a cool retrospective on Treasure and some other good stuff in there too so check it out. It's done by a bunch of the guys who used to work at GameFan magazine.

Nice, thanks for the link. I've never read the magazine before, but looks pretty good. Nice to see them devote six pages to the Flashback 2, as well as interviews with Curt and Aaron Curtis. One thing they did get wrong at the end of the homebrew article,

Most of these games were released in limited quantities during the Classic Gaming Expo or another, similar event, which means that your best bet at attaining a copy would be to scour eBay or your local message board.  Playing new, fully-packaged 2600 games on the actual console is a rare treat, and the extra effort needed to find them is a worthy investment.

Uhrrr, no. The games they are talking about are Fall Down, Go Fish!, Gun Fighter (sic), Star Fire, and Backfire. All of which can be easily purchased through our store. I may have to contact them and submit a correction.

..Al

Yeah I got my issue of HGM yesterday and was impressed with the coverage that the FB2 got. They offer free .pdfs of the magazine online so everyone can check out the spread:

Same link of course that I put in the first post ;)

I agree that it's great. I mean you don't see EGM devoting any premium space to these kinds of things let alone games older than Halo 2 all in the name catering to 'their demographic'. By the way.. why does the demographic always have to consist of 12 year olds? :lol: Maybe they're just looser with their money? :P

I bought the magazine yesterday. I was really suprised when I saw it on the magazine stands, because it looked so much like GameFan Magazine. I haven't had the time to read it, since I also picked up the final issue of Retro Gamer and the newest copy of Games™ Magazine, which I thought was cancelled, since I haven't seen any new issues for almost half a year.

Same link of course that I put in the first post ;)

I agree that it's great. I mean you don't see EGM devoting any premium space to these kinds of things let alone games older than Halo 2 all in the name catering to 'their demographic'. By the way.. why does the demographic always have to consist of 12 year olds? :lol: Maybe they're just looser with their money? :P

936034[/snapback]

Yeah I realized that after I posted my message - that's what I get for posting quickly at work I suppose

:ponder:

:D

Saw this at B&N today. I don't think I need any more paper magazines -- certainly not technology related ones, since they're usually stale by the time they go to press. It's nice to see a multi-format magazine done so well. The Atari coverage with hacking pictures was pure gold. I too will be checking out the PDF very carefully!