IGNORED

CC2 Sell Out Price

cschell

At what price would you buy a CC2?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. At what price would you buy a CC2?

• $200.00
    • $175.00
    • $150.00
    • $125.00
    • $100.00
    • $75.00
    • $50.00
    • $25.00

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Ok,

I'm terrible about sitting on product stock, and would like to move the remaining CC2s. So I'm curious what price would motivate people to buy them.

Note that some of these prices are lower than I'm willing to go (and way below my cost), but I figured I'd list them anyway. Add $10.00 for shipping into your consideration.

Chad

I'm sorry for messing up the poll, but before I took everything into consideration, I voted 100 bucks. Now that I'm thinking about it, I think that 125 or even 150 is a very decent price considering the unit supports both 2600 and 7800 games - It does, right?

I don't own a 7800, so please forgive my ignorance.

I have a Krokodile Cart right now and so I am content for the time being; Long before the Kroko was available, I was actively seeking out a CC1.

Some day I will have a 7800, and at that point I will more seriously consider purchasing one of these units. ;)

BTW, I've been watching for a 14" Wilton Performance Pizza Pan for what seems like forever. Did you ever find one, or is that offer still on? :D

I voted $100, and I was going to say I voted that amount because I'm a cheap bastard.

Then I saw the votes for $75, $50, and $25!

I'm really not into the 7800, but would want one to add to my "collection" of flash-type carts, having the 5200 Maxi-Cart, the Kroc cart, and a 1mb & 8mb XL cart.

That's a good idea, but I do appreciate the fact that Chad has offered them to us first.

I wouldn't diss him if he did ebay them, though.

My trades go back in the hands of gamers. I don't trade much (I usually purchase), but I like to keep my stuff, especially 7800 games, in the hands of 7800 owners.

Why not ebay them?

932412[/snapback]

I've never had much luck ebaying Cuttle Carts. Seems that when I do it, they get like one bid, and I just end up paying ebay money. It is an option I've been considering though.

What I should really do is declare them sold out, wait a month, and then put them on ebay under a different name. :D They fetch a really nice price that way.

Chad

(And no, I have never done that and have no plans to do so.)

Edited by cschell

Forgive me if this isn't appropriate, but could you potentially sell them through the AA store? (although, with the Krokodile cart not in production, I'm wondering if AA has decided not to sell multicarts for specific legal reasons, but it is an invaluable game developer's tool and could be sold as such). The commission you paid to AA (and I have no idea about this) could be less than the amount you would be losing on a closeout.

That being said, I would be interested in buying a second as a backup, because I absolutely love my CC2. I think you would sell a lot more of them if people only knew how well they work.

@atwwong - yes, all 2600 games work on the CC2, except for Pitfall II.

Forgive me if this isn't appropriate, but could you potentially sell them through the AA store?  (although, with the Krokodile cart not in production, I'm wondering if AA has decided not to sell multicarts for specific legal reasons, but it is an invaluable game developer's tool and could be sold as such).  The commission you paid to AA (and I have no idea about this) could be less than the amount you would be losing on a closeout.

That being said, I would be interested in buying a second as a backup, because I absolutely love my CC2.  I think you would sell a lot more of them if people only knew how well they work.

@atwwong - yes, all 2600 games work on the CC2, except for Pitfall II.

932590[/snapback]

I do wonder what AtariAge's inventory model is. I'd be surprised if they had the financial resources to buy out Chad's inventory. I would think they would only buy in small chunks at a time at best with a product this expensive.

Edited by mos6507

Abstain till I have the money.

I thought it was a great product at full price but it really hurt to but it.

Of course as soon as I got mine people were seling there dupes and stuff ... then it went on sale, sigh.

Likely 100-125 +shipping would be what might motivate me to get a spare.

(but I can't right now)

Of coures peopel that have one might get a discounted price and see if you cant sell the rest of the stock to first time buyers...

2 for $350 + shipping

Edited by FireTiger

You might consider just selling all your have left to one of the larger classic videogames dealers.

They are by thier nature experts at sitting on stock, and depending on the amount left and the discount you can provide, might be willing to buy them all at once.

It would also keep you from underselling people who ordered in advance and paid full price, since the re-seller would probably maintain your price.

Steve

I would try and convince hubbs to get us a second one since we take ours with us when we travel if it was low enough just in case something awful happened and ours got lost/damaged (but I don't ever want to think about that)! I know it would be better around 75$ to convince him, 50$ would definitely be easier and it would depend on bills and doctor/vet bills at $100+.

I :love: :lust: :love: our CC2 w/ Pokey chip. :D Pure Genius!