IGNORED

Cant Wait To Go To Texas!!!!!!!

Atari Master

I have friends that are into atari as well, but I don't hang out with them when I am looking for stuff because I don't want to feel like I have to snag something before a friend sees it. At the same time I don't want to have them grab something rare and then feel like, man if I would have seen that first it would have been on.

You're probably going to the giant flea market at Canton. I went there once and didn't have any luck, but I went too late in the day and many of the shops had already closed. Also, I went to the nicer shops in the barn-things first, but most of the stuff in there was antiques and new stuff. It appeared that the junk dealers that were more likely to have Atari stuff were on the other side in more makeshift lots. I saw one box of Atari stuff but is was all common and water damaged.

I live in Dallas and I've always had the best luck at thift stores -- mainly east Dallas and Oak Cliff. Goodwills and Salvation Armys in Dallas pretty much never have anything good. Maybe Goodwill sends the good stuff to Austin for Goodwill Computerwerks! That place is great.

-Paul

It's true: not much Atari stuff in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Garage sales are the best place in our area.

You might also check the "Traders Village" flea market in Grand Prairie, about 10 miles west of Dallas at I-20 and St. Hwy 360. It's near the ballpark where the Rangers lose all their games. Huge. Lots of stuff. Worth your while to check out.

[ 04-10-2002: Message edited by: utamav91 ]