IGNORED

What happened to Gremlins?

King Atari

Yes, they are many games out which have more copyrights then one. Gremlins is only one of them.

I have for example more:

Asterix (1983), Asterix (1983 & 1985)

Centipede (1982), Centipede (1987)

Dig Dug (1983), Dig Dug (1985)

Missile Command (1981), Missile Command (1987), Missile Command (1991)

Obelix (1983), Obélix (1986)

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1982), Raiders of the Lost Ark (1986)

RS Tennis (1983), RS Tennis (1986), RS Tennis (1988)

And there exist more from the most.

I forget, most of them I listed are PAL. Only Raiders of the Lost Ark. I don't know if the diffrent copyright are all the same in PAL and NTSC.

Maybe its the same with some Red Lable games, that they exist only in PAL. Or like the Raiders of the Lost Ark (1986) only exist in NTSC.

Hi!!

Yes, I do have cartridge of Gremlins, the copyright 1986, but I know really the first edition 1984.

Must remembered that time 1984 before Jack T. brought Atari company is INC. later changed to Crop. that why re-printed 1986 that showed "Crop." at the bottom of the label of cartridge.

If Im right????

Jason

Yes, I understand. I have too some game were they lables grey and silver by diffrent copyrights.

Like Asterix, Obelix & Raiders of the Lost Ark.

The later release are often grey.

I have call them silver (grey is better), and the first release Silver Metallic (because the reflect a bit).

yes that is true, understand that I would like 1984 sliver label Gremlins, beacuse very hard to find, it seem bit more vaulable than later release 1986 version Gremlins, grey label???

I do have sliver label Space Invaders (the label showed 1980 under INC. not Crop.)!!!

I bet this one is much harder to find at E-Bay.

Jason

I've got a CIB Red Label Space Invaders. Its cool, but for some reason it just don't look right. SI is meant to be in its old Atari Pic Label black cart.

Yes, but the whole point is that it's the last variation Atari made of the game, plus just the fact that it's a sealed copy makes it all the better.

Back on topic- So the silver label copy of Gremlins is rarer than the grey?

quote:

Back on topic- So the silver label copy of Gremlins is rarer than the grey?

Ok, do you remembered what happened in year 1984?? That beacuse Warner Communcation company that sold to Jack T. that bought Atari Company. That beacuse Atari did printed Gremlins with Sliver label under INC. for the short time before Jack T. took over Atari Company, that might stop printing Gremlins for the short time until Atari Corp. decide to re-print Gremlins with grey label in 1986.

Maybe my information seem sound right? that beacuse Gremlins with sliver label seem more rare than the grey label???

I hope this information that help??

Anyone who can explain more information about this??

Jason

Yeah, you have a good point why have both in the same rarity guide. In my point of view I rather choose 1984 version with sliver label Gremlins than re-print 1986 version Gremlins, beacuse 1984 version is not many to be printed.

I fully agreed with you with good point and why both in the same rarity guide of Gremlins??? Me too, I dont understand why?? Anyone with true collector should choose 1984 version sliver label Gremlins better.

For 1986 version Gremlins (grey label) seem not that worth than the sliver label. That is my point of view.

I hope anyone can answer it to this information.....