IGNORED

A few questions on the Atari TV Games Controller

bowser724

• 2 weeks later...

The Atari and the NES generate audio is very different ways, the NES takes a lot to mimick the simple growling noise loops that the 2600 makes. Even with a custom WAV to NSF utility we wrote in-house it still was a difficult task.

The NES moves bjects on the screen rather poorly (IMHO) and some of the coders (at least on our team - I can't speak for the DC Studio's programmers who did the Jakks 10-in-1 stick, they had 8 months to code their games, we had only 10 weeks, and quite frankly, most of our games played better then theirs.) didn't fully understand the gravity mechanics of the game.

Curt

1. Why such cheap sound effects? Nearly every (if not every) sound effect is a square wave.

2. Why are the Gravitar difficulty levels reversed??

936408[/snapback]

Out of all the NES-clones, the Paddle controller games done by Digital Eclipse were some of the best ports done.

Curt

Get the paddle version instead!  It's great

943214[/snapback]

Quoted for truth. Anything that can get my *mom* playing video games (which she has despised since I was 6) is worthwhile.

943557[/snapback]