IGNORED

Miner 2049er does not fit!

StanJr

I just got that Miner 2049er my girlfriend won for me at a certain auction site, but the stupid thing don't fit in my 4-switch Woodgrain. Seems to fit fine in the 4-switch all black, but not in the woodgrain?

Does this sound familiar?

Also, how do I tell if I have a "doctored" cart? This Miner 2049er looks like somebody monkeyed with it. The label has holes where somebody has gotten at the screws. The chip looks totally different from any of my other carts. Does anybody have a scan of the inside of a Miner 2049er cart I could see.

"If it breaks when it bends, you better not put it in." Stan

Maybe Coleco Vision?

See this tread for more info:

Topic: Frogger (it won't fit!!!)

I think the Coleco Vision look totally diffrent to the Atari 2600 VCS. It has a gold sticker, and diffrent case if I not wrong.

So its maybe only a probleme with the console. Because I think that you know, how must a Miner 2049er look for the Atari VCS.

I have a Miner 2049er cart and a 4-switch woody too, but I have no problem plugging this cartridge into my console. However, I have heard of the problem with Tigervision carts and older Atari consoles come up before. Apparently, the molding that surrounds the cartridge slot on some of the older Woody consoles is ever so slightly more narrow than that of others. And some batches of Tigervision cartridges are ever so thicker than others. If you're unlucky enough to get the skinny Woody and the fat Tigervisoin cart, then you'll be in for the tight squeeze which you describe.

If you insist on playing your fat Miner 2049er cart in your narrow Woody, then you're just going to have to endure the wiggling it into place, or else modify either the cart or the console. None of these options appeals to me, and I'm sure they don't appeal to you either.

But there is another option - insert some kind of adapter into the your Woody's cartridge slot, and then plug your Miner 2049er cart into the other end of the adapter. You could make your own, or you could use either the Video Game Brain (by RGA International) or the Romscanner (by Marjac) if you can find one.

I had even less trouble getting my Miner 2049er to fit into one of the five selectable slots of the Video Game Brain, so I know that this solution would work for you, too. I can't say about the fit in a Romscanner, though. I don't have one of those babies.

If you have exposed screw holes, then there's really no way of knowing whether the cart contains the actual circuit card it was born with. If you plug it in and it actually plays Miner 2049er, then that's the best you can hope for. The game itself is not all that rare, and scew holes through the label pretty much wipes out its monetary value to most other collectors.

But as long as it works, play it. It's fun. Be happy.

Ben

I really think its been monkeyed with, but its odd that it fits just fine in the all black 4 switch and not the woodgrain???

Oh well. I can play it, that's all that matters to me (and the label is in good shape other than the holes )