IGNORED

Atari Megafile 44?

Atari_Only

I have a Megafile 44 that has a Atari SCSI board that has another SCSI connector. Ive been unable to get the unit to see both the syquest 44 and a Maxtor 7345SR SCSI drive at the same time.

I know addinga hard drive can been done everything is set up to do so. And Ive read messages on the internet talking about it but, Cant find anything with detail. I think Im missing something.

If you know something about theis please share your knowledge.

AO

I had a Megafile 30 back in the day; I used the motherboard to frankenstein a much larger hard drive. As I understand it not all models had the second header connected, which is probably not surprising; those things only used a 30W power supply, which isn't usually enough to power two drives. (I had a Maxtor 240m full-height 5.25" drive that the power supply just couldn't handle, so I had to solder a new power supply in)

Some of them -- probably the earlier models -- had both headers connected, which is why some are capable and some aren't. I'm sure there's a way to reconnect the second header though.

Edited by Mindfield

I finally got it to work!!!!

I had to use a older Quantum 105s and removed every jumper. First time on it worked. After it worked I installed the terminators and started it back up and its still running.

So to everyone it can be done as long as you have the right drive. I wish it would have been a bigger drive but, it just wouldnt work..

Thanks

AO

I finally got it to work!!!!

I had to use a older Quantum 105s and removed every jumper.  First time on it worked.  After it worked I installed the terminators and started it back up and its still running.

So to everyone it can be done as long as you have the right drive.  I wish it would have been a bigger drive but, it just wouldnt work..

Thanks

AO

940257[/snapback]

Glad to hear you got it working AO!

Out of curiosity, what is the size of the original drive you were trying to put in?