IGNORED

Anyone used one of these NES clones?

I purchased a Goldstar 3DO from someone on ebay and one of their employees tried to use goo-gone to get a sticker off the top. It caused some damage to the top (it made small warps in the top so it looks wavy.) The guy offered to give me a refund or send me a game or DVD for free. I was happy because the damage was only cosmetic and only noticeable up close, the unit works perfectly, and the shipping was extremely fast. So I left him good feedback but jokingly said he could send me one of the NES clones he sells on ebay. He took me seriously and said that it would be no problem if I pay for shipping. So, this is the unit I am getting:

http://www.nesplayer.com/pirates/fcgameconsoleusa.htm

I am getting the one in red. Has anyone used one of these? If so, how do the controllers feel? This particular unit will use standard Nintendo controllers and accessories so if the controllers aren't very responsive as this site's description says I can use standard controllers. Also, are there any games that don't work on it?

I have an actual NES but the 72-pin connector was going out. I took out and bent the pins forward but I did it a little too much and the fit is really tight. I am afraid that I am going to damage my cartridges with it. Other then that my unit is perfectly good so eventually I will replace the connector but for now I want to use this system as I am getting for just the cost of shipping anyway.

Bleh, I'm using an original connector and games boot every time. All I did was sand the connectors down where the cart goes in with a folded piece of sandpaper. The NES is even overclocked :ponder:

Gun Nac + NES Advantage + overclocked NES = a night of fun.

Edited by keilbaca

I'm using a toaster with the original connector, though it's been scrubbed good and the pins bent in.

It's due for some maintainence, as the cart slot's getting a tad twitchy again.

Might disable the lockout chip while I'm in there, but pr'ly not.

Zelda was a little weird, odd graphic numerals on the map portion of the screen, and meaby a little unstable with game saves. But that might be my game cart. Otherwise all games I've tried work ok enough. I only play it about once a month.

940146[/snapback]

As I understand it, it's a problem with teh system. All Zeldas will act wierd.

Zelda was a little weird, odd graphic numerals on the map portion of the screen, and meaby a little unstable with game saves. But that might be my game cart. Otherwise all games I've tried work ok enough. I only play it about once a month.

940146[/snapback]

940147[/snapback]

Thanks. Thats what I thought. Its just that my toasters have been locked up in half-dismantled, mod mode for a while. So I couldnt compare them.

940146[/snapback]

940147[/snapback]

Thanks. Thats what I thought. Its just that my toasters have been locked up in half-dismantled, mod mode for a while. So I couldnt compare them.

940669[/snapback]

Mmmm....

I need to suck it up and do something to my toaster. Disable the lockout, at the least.

I received my unit last night and I have to say that this thing took me by surprise. I knew it was small but this thing is miniature. It is as light as a game cartridge. The LED looks really good and bright. The picture is good and the sound is very clear. The controllers are very light and feel a little cheap. But the controllers do feel pretty good and comfortable. I did not find the responsiveness to be lacking as the article I referenced in my first post said. So far every game I have put in the unit has worked without any problems. I actually got the silver and black instead of the white and red. The unit looks pretty cool but it looks puny next to other consoles. Overall, I think this is an extremely cool little unit.