IGNORED

eBay Help... Fraud Or Not?

l3ushwig

Ok I have some ipod docks up on eBay, a guy wants 2 here is his first message:

Hi,

I'm interested in buying 2 of the docks you have for sale. I will be paying by money order. My question is: I need to receive the docks by Tuesday, October 4th. I'm concerned there may not be time for you to receive the money order and ship, and for me to receive them. Would you be willing to ship on my word that I have sent you the order? Feel free to check my feedback. Thanks.

I said:

No, Sorry Can’t do it with a feedback score of 3. The only way this would be

Possible is for you to pay over night shipping. Thanks for your interest.

Then he says:

I understand, thanks for the reply. With overnight shipping, the price of the docks is almost the cost of getting it at local apple store, so I'll go that route. Best of luck.

Then I get another question from him:

Sorry, another question: would you be willing to accept paypal from a friend of mine who has a paypal account? I would buy the items, ask them to pay, and you could ship when you receive the money. Is that acceptable to you? Thanks again. I just don't have a paypal account.

My question is, is this a fraud attempt? And if he did pay with his “Friends” account I would have to ship them there correct?

Thanks in advance,

-l3ushwig :)

Edited by l3ushwig

Hi,

I'm interested in buying 2 of the docks you have for sale. I will be paying by money order. My question is: I need to receive the docks by Tuesday, October 4th. I'm concerned there may not be time for you to receive the money order and ship, and for me to receive them. Would you be willing to ship on my word that I have sent you the order? Feel free to check my feedback. Thanks.

I said:

No, Sorry Can’t do it with a feedback score of 3. The only way this would be

Possible is for you to pay over night shipping. Thanks for your interest.

Then he says:

I understand, thanks for the reply. With overnight shipping, the price of the docks is almost the cost of getting it at local apple store, so I'll go that route. Best of luck.

Then I get another question from him:

Sorry, another question: would you be willing to accept paypal from a friend of mine who has a paypal account? I would buy the items, ask them to pay, and you could ship when you receive the money. Is that acceptable to you? Thanks again. I just don't have a paypal account.

My question is, is this a fraud attempt? And if he did pay with his “Friends” account I would have to ship them there correct?

Thanks in advance,

-l3ushwig  :)

939629[/snapback]

This does not smell kosher...

He wants it, he want's it cheap (supposedly)

He thinks that youe are going to trust him because mwybe he has a wonderful ebay ID... whatever.. Don't trust this guy.

Ask him this...

If your friend has a Pay pal account, he then must have an ebay acount.

Why doesn't he bid on it?

But I agree with KEN's idea

Why not? because he's full of it.

I would cut him off right at the root.

That's just my opinion.

Eric

Edited by Road_runner

I'd probably steer clear. I wouldn't be real pleased with a request to "take my word that the payment was sent"... Anyone who would ask that is either a)dishonest or b)clueless. Plus, he already walked away from the deal once. I'd tell him he can bid on the item if he so chooses, and he will get the terms of the auction just like anyone else. Shipped when payment is received, sent to only paypal address, etc.

Not worth the risk.

If you sell items with PayPal remember to always ship to a confirmed address only and get tracking (delivery confirmation is ok). If the item that you sell is $250 or more you need to have them sign for it. If the buyer buys 2 items from you and pays twice you need to ship in separate packages to be protected.

PayPal makes you jump through hoops to be protected but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Hi,

I'm sorry, I sat here for five minutes laughing at this post with tears running down my eyes. That made my day. :D

I'm glad he asked first before he bidded though.