IGNORED

This makes me mad!

YarsRevengeFan

quote:

Originally posted by YarsRevengeFan:

Ok,

So Atari Master writes a fictious story about an Atari sign on his head, and gets 14 replies as of this post.

I write about a hook-up for an arcade game at the philly classic expo in the General Classic Gaming board, and get ZERO responses!

What gives?

I havn't read your post but there's occasions I won't reply. One reason may be that I'm not interested. For example, I don't have an Atari Lynx. Therefore, I never even click on that. Or, if I have no idea what the hell your talking about, like arcade stuff probably, I won't reply. I also have two year old twins running around that are making it VERY hard to reply to

THIS post!! It's nothing personal, and as a matter of fact, I've never seen the kind of helpful replys anywhere on message boards like this page....

I read your post in Classic Gaming, but you didn't say anything about me getting to pretend I'm a Rhino, or anything about pirates.

Seriously, there are only a handful of people here who do the Arcade Cabinet thing. Maybe try posting it here or in the Arcade Coin-op Forum.

Or include stuff about bologna and XBOX. That seems to get people talking.

Always off-topic Stan

quote:

Originally posted by Adrian M:

Believe me, if you ACTUALLY had an XBOX, then you would be talking about it too! It's an AWESOME system with LIMITLESS potential.

Ok Adrian, we get the message. You are in love with the Xbox!! We do beleive u, u dont have to tell us over and over!!

[ 04-15-2002: Message edited by: hedgehog ]

WOW!! Calm down big boy, I didn't read your story on the Arcade hook up but maybe the way you wrote it gave the others all the infromation they needed so they didn't have to respond. I post here and there and only got a few responses my self then one day I posted about these jerks on ebay who are ripping people off and got over 140 hits. We all here love to read other people's posts so don't get upset about not having any posts. (Be Happy)

What gives?

Probably because this is mainly a console collectors board and I doubt more than a small fraction of the posters here actually collect Arcade Games (although I'm sure most would love to). Then you also cut down your list of potential responses by asking "who's coming to the Philly Classic and bringing arcade games for sale?" which probably is an even smaller fraction of the local denizens.

Good luck at the Philly Classic. However if you're really looking at buying arcade games here's a great set of faq's which make great reading if you're interested in buying an arcade cab beyond that. Of course the newsgroups rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace , and rec.games.video.arcade.collecting are the standard "hang-outs" for trading and selling cabs as well. Check 'em out.

if its so great, then someone will just

have to show me so buy buying me one.

and Xbox that is.

and if you say, no go buy your own.

I cant.

and if you say, no go rent one.

I cant afford it either.

and if you say, no get a job

Ive been trying.

and if you say, no try harder

ive been trying very hard. I want a job.

and if you say, no then take co-op

i cannot get paid unless its an apprenticeship

and there isn't one there i want

and if you say stop being picky

were we not talking about Xbox or something?

so, the moral of the story is,

if someone buys me an xbox, I will love it.

the end.

Here is a solution to the Xbox vs PS2 vs Gamecube dilema. I own a Sony but do not have any true love for any of the new systems.

Adrian buy me and xbox and I will buy a gamecube. Then I will have all three.

I will play Halo for the box, GTA3 for PS2 and whatever game you guys recommend for the Cube.

Then my unbiased ass will pick one. End of arguement.

Of course that is if Adrian will back up his love for the box and send me one. I know he has the money, we all know he makes bank.

quote:

Originally posted by YarsRevengeFan:

and get ZERO responses!

So you see YarsRevengeFan, you simply have to talk about Gamecube vs. Xbox (even though this is a 2600 forum) and you're pretty much guaranteed a couple of replies. However obviously you don't always have to be so blatant. Here's a couple more helpful tips from the newsgroup world if you're interested.