IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 12: Thrust

Ze_ro

:idea: The score from silverpoodleman should be translated into  126,500 points.

945478[/snapback]

I was hoping silverpoodleman would confirm this first. It's a fairly high score, and since he seems to be rather new to the game I was thinking it might have been a typo on his part.

--Zero

I suppose since I recommended this game I'd better get in on it. 36,500 for me. I'll try to do better in the next hour.

A few tips for anyone still playing (useful even after the contest is over):

(1) Don't try to dodge enemy shots. That's what your shield is for. Always be ready to use it.

(2) If you have a booster grip, you can use that for thrust and still be able to pull back for shield.

(3) Learn to engage the shield and then use the fire button to control your thrust (unless you have a booster grip or, better yet, the foot pedal controller).

(4) The klystron pod will not register a collision with the nuclear reactor or other sprite objects other than missiles, so don't panic if it seems to be swinging wildly toward one of those things--just keep it clear of the ground.

Well, that's the end of another week of the High Score Club! I hope you all had fun playing Thrust, and for those of you who didn't... what are you waiting for? Go buy it right now! :) Congratulations to everyone on their scores, and I hope you'll join us again next time when we'll be eating candy and dodging happy faces!

--Zero