IGNORED

Impossible Mission

HP Atari King of Michigan

I do not have this 7800 game, but I've heard that the NTSC version is severely glitched in one of the levels making it impossible to beat for real.  But the PAL version isn't glitched at all.  Does anyone have this cart (NTSC or PAL)?

942903[/snapback]

Not one of the levels exactly. The glitch occurs, from what I understand, when the game hides the clues you are supposed to find. Clues are to be hidden behind various objects you have to search in the game. On the NTSC version, objects can be hidden behind a special computer console (which is used for something other than a hiding place for objects). The problem is that because the computer is used for something else, you can't "search" it for a clue. Therefore, if the game randomly places a clue behind a computer terminal (which can be a fairly sure bet), the game truly does become impossible to complete.

As mentioned, there is a fixed NTSC version of the game that is available, at least as a rom. Seems like I saw where someone had made a few carts for sale too.

Problem is I can't beat the game as it is LOL! I used to have it for my Commodore 64. That sound "Stay Awhile! Stay Forever!" is tattooed in my brain.. atleast I think it's from this game.

943075[/snapback]

I'm in the same boat. Glitch or no glitch, it's still a friggen hard game!

Problem is I can't beat the game as it is LOL! I used to have it for my Commodore 64. That sound "Stay Awhile! Stay Forever!" is tattooed in my brain.. atleast I think it's from this game.

943075[/snapback]

I'm in the same boat. Glitch or no glitch, it's still a friggen hard game!

943404[/snapback]

I think the key to winning is finding the music rooms and getting as many snooze cards as you can.

Jeff

Hard?! I say it is impossible to beat. I have gotten many of the clues, my record is 9. I have even gone so far as to make paper copies of the pieces and tried to put them together. Which by the way none of them do, I say if the original Atari company was still open, they would of been hit with a class action lawsuit a long time ago.

Hard?! I say it is impossible to beat. I have gotten many of the clues, my record is 9. I have even gone so far as to make paper copies of the pieces and tried to put them together. Which by the way none of them do, I say if the original Atari company was still open, they would of been hit with a class action lawsuit a long time ago.

943962[/snapback]

The pieces look funny and impossible to put together but it's all about experimentation. Rotating the pieces and changing their colors are the key. Be sure to make those first two calls so that pieces to the first puzzle will be in its respective orientation. They'll have a red dot next to them. Once you get the idea and put together that first piece, then the rest will be cake.

Edited by Trip_Cannon

943075[/snapback]

Yep... "Another visitor - stay awhile... stay FOREVAH!"

I was so disappointed when I realized the 7800 version didn't have the speech :)

Ok so since it's been patched, can someone explain to me exactly what was wrong with the code in the NTSC version? Was it a simple typo in the code that somehow caused the bug, or was it just plain wrong coding that was fixed in the PAL version?

Tempest

943075[/snapback]

Yep... "Another visitor - stay awhile... stay FOREVAH!"

I was so disappointed when I realized the 7800 version didn't have the speech :)

947799[/snapback]

I had it for my C-64 too. I thought I also had it for my Atari 7800 since my uncle sent me a nice pile of games and I also bought some, but I don't see it in the box. I either own it and don't see it, or I never had it.