IGNORED

dreamGear huh ?

ATARIeric

arriving to target is a dreamGear console with 60 games built in, it looks like a dreamcast with playstation controllers. famiclone looking,  does anyone know if this will have real console games built in or just BS games ?

dreamGear

945157[/snapback]

Agreed, another NES clone. http://www.dreamgear.net/universal_plugnplaygamestation.htm

Note the games list.

Seems odd that Target would be selling a Famiclone...aren't they illegal?

Famiclones aren't inherently illegal, since any of the patents covering the NES hardware would have expired long ago. What makes most of them illegal is that they often come built-in with games that the manufacturers don't have the rights to distribute.

I find it kind of hard to believe that a $30 console includes 60 legitimate games. OTOH, Target doesn't seem like the kind of company that wouldn't check up on things like that.

It would be nice if, under the lid of the Dreamcast looking console, there could be a 72 pin NES compatible cartridge slot. The games sound lame, but if you could pop into a Target store and pick up a Nintendo compatible system, I'd be all over that. It would be a great idea, since the US got the lousy front-loading NES that would only last a few years before it stopped working. There can't be a whole lot of working NES units out there anymore, so getting a new one without the 'blinking screen of death' would be sweet. Yes, I could order one of the Famiclones that are coming out on the market, but i'd rather just pop into a local store and pick one up instead of waiting for the console to come in weeks after I order it.