IGNORED

ColecoNation #4 Now Available

coleconation.jpgA new edition of ColecoNation is now available for your reading pleasure. The fourth issue of ColecoNation features the following articles:
  • Interview with Eduardo Mello of Opcode Games
  • Review of Reversi / Diamond Dash
  • vgXpo Dallas Report
  • Most Wanted Arcade Conversions Poll
  • The Latest ColecoVision News
To read these articles and more, please visit ColecoNation.

Hi there!

I'm a bit surprised to learn that Eduardo ported the MSX version of Video Hustler to the Coleco. Didn't Konami already do that themselves?!?

Greetings,

Manuel

948472[/snapback]

I have a rom listed as a Video Hustler prototype that I've played in an emulator that says Konami on the title screen so I think you're right. I can't remember if it's complete though.

Everyone,

Thanks for the continued support and interest in ColecoNation. I'm glad everyone is enjoying it.

I have some info that should clear up the Video Hustler/Billiards confusion. This was posted on the Digital Press forums by Eduardo in June of 2004.

"A few years ago a proto version of Video Hustler for the CV shown up thanks to Adam House. That game was created by Konami for the MSX computers (based on an arcade game of the same name) and it seems Coleco was planning to release it before the crash.

Well, so here is the good(?) news: I am including Video Hustler with Yie Ar Kung-Fu. But I didn't just attach the old binary in. I ported the European version of that game, called Billiards, which is basicly the same game but with a better menu system, a different title screen (obviously) and a few bugs corrected. While I couldn't recommend a purchase just because Billiards, I think it is a fun little game, and a nice addition to any collection. "

Hi there!

I'm a bit surprised to learn that Eduardo ported the MSX version of Video Hustler to the Coleco. Didn't Konami already do that themselves?!?

Greetings,

Manuel

948472[/snapback]

I have a rom listed as a Video Hustler prototype that I've played in an emulator that says Konami on the title screen so I think you're right. I can't remember if it's complete though.

948477[/snapback]