IGNORED

CV Multicart help needed

ElvisAtari

Hi All:

I realize this probably doesn't exaclty belong in this forum, but I need someone to help fix my CV multicart - I got it several years ago from Sean Kelly and I can't seem to get a hold of him anymore, so I'm looking for someone else to help out.

The multicart displays a menu upon startup with all of the selectable games. However, when you try to select a game, it simply flashes and ends up back on the menu screen.

I've had this problem with it for quite a while, but it used to be that I could clean it and/or take it out and insert it again and after several tries I might get lucky and have it work. However, it seems those methods are no longer successful.

If anyone can help, I'd be happy to pay for services. Please PM me or email at drwhotrades@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Bryan

The first thing to do is open it up and look inside.

If the chips are in sockets, try pressing them down firmly into the socket. Oxidation can cause bad contact of socketed chips over time. If you hear a light crunching sound as you press the chips down, you've probably reseated then properly.

Hi All:

I realize this probably doesn't exaclty belong in this forum, but I need someone to help fix my CV multicart - I got it several years ago from Sean Kelly and I can't seem to get a hold of him anymore, so I'm looking for someone else to help out.

The multicart displays a menu upon startup with all of the selectable games. However, when you try to select a game, it simply flashes and ends up back on the menu screen.

I've had this problem with it for quite a while, but it used to be that I could clean it and/or take it out and insert it again and after several tries I might get lucky and have it work. However, it seems those methods are no longer successful.

If anyone can help, I'd be happy to pay for services. Please PM me or email at drwhotrades@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Bryan

947729[/snapback]

Here's ALL you have to do:

Mine does the same thing from time to time.

The CVMC's are the most sensitive carts. EVER made.

Just clean the contacts like your life depends on it!

Concider contacting doubledown for a cart port refurbing!

When I got my MC, I (really!) unsoldered my cart port and put in a brand new edge connector and it made all of the difference in the world. I got my CV from a thrift shop and it was 'a little' rough!! Now it's perfect.

CV multicarts seem to be problematic. Mine initially had big problems and was repaired. It's still a bit f*ed up (a few games don't work right or launch games other than what's listed) but it mostly works and I'm thankful compared to some of the other problems I've heard of.

Sometimes trying to shift the cart all the way left or right in the slot helps as well.