IGNORED

Nintendo DS. Girlie platform or what?

Tickled_Pink

(And why anyone would ruin a 'Vette by painting it pink is totally beyond me.  K says we'd go with black and silver, and I totally agree.  And supercharge it, of course.  ^_~ )

~Me~

952123[/snapback]

I've seen a pink Vette. It was an abomination. And I've seen a lavender 18 wheeler. The less said about that one the better :D

I've also seen a levender semi.

If you want REALLY absurd(and in a totally diffrent direction)... I've seen a UPS truck with flames painted down the sides too.

• 2 years later...

Agreed. I don't wanna touch a screen. I want to break it. Hard. Give me a joystick anyday, a big throbbing black rocket, with rumble built in. Give me men with guns. Big guns. Men in uniform. Men who watch each other's backs in uniform. And online play, so I can teabag any man who gets in my way.

Also, the DS needs to be wrapped in leather.

And have body hair. I want to know when it's sweating too...

Edited by A Sprite

Agreed. I don't wanna touch a screen. I want to break it. Hard. Give me a joystick anyday, a big throbbing black rocket, with rumble built in. Give me men with guns. Big guns. Men in uniform. Men who watch each other's backs in uniform. And online play, so I can teabag any man who gets in my way.

:ponder:

...wow

I agree entirely. The DS is far too girly for a manly man like me to carry. That's why I have the Darth Vader PSP - it lets the ladies know EXACTLY what type of a guy I am.

I agree entirely. The DS is far too girly for a manly man like me to carry. That's why I have the Darth Vader PSP - it lets the ladies know EXACTLY what type of a guy I am.

A guy who never gets woman because his self image is somehow tied up in which game system he bought? :D

You know I've always felt that the DS has always had a bit of a feminine vibe too it, I think it's because it really seems to be popular with the girls? Because of games like Nintendogs?

I dunno, I'm just saying what I feel, so don't flame. ;)

Edited by Ross PK

You know I've always felt that the DS has always had a bit of a feminine vibe too it, I think it's because it really seems to be popular with the girls? Because of games like Nintendogs?

The difference between you and Tickled_Pink, however, is that he used "girlie" to describe the Nintendo DS' inferiority. Either he's afraid of women or he's a flat-out misogynist. You, on the other hand, said "feminine" because you think that quality lends itself to the reason the system is more popular with girls. You didn't imply that the DS was an inferior system because of its femininity.

Therefore, I don't hope you get hit by a car.

just seems way too girlie (with games to match)

You are a sexist bastard and I hope you get hit by a car.

The difference between you and Tickled_Pink, however, is that he used "girlie" to describe the Nintendo DS' inferiority. Either he's afraid of women or he's a flat-out misogynist. You, on the other hand, said "feminine" because you think that quality lends itself to the reason the system is more popular with girls. You didn't imply that the DS was an inferior system because of its femininity.

Therefore, I don't hope you get hit by a car.

Uhuh. I used 'girlie' to describe the DS' inferiority? That's a new one on me. Now who's being the sexist? You're obviously equating girls to being in some way inferior. :roll: Twit. Oh ... and just for the heck of making the point, Ross said exactly the same as I did.

So, NintendoFanboyDieScreaming.

Anyway, not long after my original post we went out and bought two - one for the eldest girl and one for me. I was intrigued by it, but the novelty soon wore off and it went to the 5 year old, who's a whiz at Nintendogs (she's been able to navigate around just by looking at the icons since she was 3). My original comments still stand. It is a far girlier system (or feminine if you prefer ... sheesh) than the PSP, which is aimed at the hardcore teenage male gamer. It makes the DS seem more family friendly, like the Wii, so it's a clever piece of marketing by Nintendo.