IGNORED

fav atari game

Atari freak 1

Double Dunk, Pole Position and Pete Rose Baseball because the graphics are so good and they really stretched the 2600 to its apparent limits. Those were the two best sports games, and Pole Position is very faithful to the arcade (although there are some on this board that say Enduro is the best racing game). PRB is one of the few 2600 games that is actually NES-quality with the 9 different TV-style angles scoreboard and the "runner-position" indicator like on RBI baseball, Baseball Stars and every video baseball since...and Double Dunk is just plain fun...I love the dunking animation.

[ 04-15-2002: Message edited by: utamav91 ]

I'm going to have to go with Dragonfire here. I got this game one year for my birthday (I still have the same copy!) and it has been my favorite ever since. I just love running out of that little box and darting back and forth trying to pick up all those treasures while avoiding the dreaded dragonfire! The white dragon is a fiend and super-fast!

quote:

Originally posted by liquid_sky:

apollos skeet shoot!!

ask anyone here, this game makes you wanna go out and shoot square plastic skeets

... with Skeet Shoot labels on them of course! If you run out, you can try shooting square plastic skeets with "Firefly" labels on them.

My fav's would be Adventure and Yar's Revenge.

This is hard because it changes every time, at least for me, because there were so many good ones.

I'd say Pitfall 2, Robot Tank, Phoenix, Reactor and Starmaster are my faves. The problem is that there are just too many good titles. If space permitted I'd add Crystal Castles, Yar's Revenge, Frogger, Chopper Command and Stargate (Defender 2).

I bet if we put our minds to it we could create a pool of the most agreed upon best games.

quote:

Inky

This is hard because it changes every time, at least for me, because there were so many good ones. . .

I bet if we put our minds to it we could create a pool of the most agreed upon best games.

That would be a big pool. There are so many good games.

And it is too hard to say just one game is the best. But for today I'll say HERO. Or Double Dunk. Or Pressure Cooker. Okay, I'll stop there.

How in the world can I answer this question?!?Well, i narrowed it down to 3....2 are activision titles, but I am not a huge activisioin freak or anything,in fact Atari made many of the greatest Atari games.

MILLIPEDE, because of the non-stop action,MEGAMANIA,because of the non-stop action,and PRESSURE COOKER,because of the non-stop action.LOL.

Yes Warlords. But Warlords is only good if you have more than one player. My favorite one player game is DEFINITELY MS. PACMAN.

Other than that I think Demon Attack is also it, since I seem to always find myself playing a quick round of it.. steerable missile variation of course.

What, no Ice Hockey?

I don't even like Hockey games even on the highest end system, and I actually don't like hockey much in real life either.

But dam is the 2600 Ice Hockey fun.....

It is like a glorified PONG, except 100 times more interesting (with all those bank shots).

I played Gravitar for the first time on my emulator a couple weeks ago, and god dam that was fun. The ship drifts towards the bottom of the screen, and you have to fight to keep it in the air. I know of no video game out there today that has that type of play dynamics!

• 19 years later...