IGNORED

ST Game: Sundog

Kalwren

Anyone know where I can either purchase a copy of this game, or download a working non-cracked copy?

I've checked Ebay a few times, it's not available there.

The ones I've found d/l'd from the net are all cracks and the save game function doesn't work.

Thanks in advance!

Have you tried Underdogs?

http://www.the-underdogs.org/game.php?id=1429

I do not know if the archive is ok, I want to try the game but have not time for it yet. Please let me know if it works for you

956843[/snapback]

Thanks for the reply!

This was the only place I was able to find a copy of the game, and it includes the PaCifiST emulator. However, I was unable to get that particular emulator to run with WinXP. It always crashed after about 3 minutes, saying something about NTDVM or something. I don't recall what it was exactly, as I'm at work at the moment.

The other emulators work fine with this game, however the Save Game function does not work at all. You can't create back ups, either. I've tried saving my game, exiting it and copying the sundog.sav file to another blank disk image and it copies the file - but it's the same file from when you start the game. Some character named Eon Flux. (From MTV a while ago? hehe)

So, after trying all that troubleshooting and tinkering, I'm hoping someone has a working copy they're willing to share or part with.

Thanks again!

The other emulators work fine with this game, however the Save Game function does not work at all. 

If you are only interested in running under emulators, then there is no need to save the game at all.

Use Steem and "Save Memory Snapshot". This saves the whole state of the (emulated) machine and you can restore it in a later session.

The other emulators work fine with this game, however the Save Game function does not work at all. 

If you are only interested in running under emulators, then there is no need to save the game at all.

Use Steem and "Save Memory Snapshot". This saves the whole state of the (emulated) machine and you can restore it in a later session.

956940[/snapback]

Whoa, ok. I'll try that. Steem worked great for this game.

Thanks again!

I am kinda searching for an ST though. Just looking for a good deal. There are two right now on Ebay around $60 - $70.

I am kinda searching for an ST though.

If you want to run Sundog on a real ST, then you obviously cannot use the "Save Memory Snapshot" trick. It is hard to believe that there is no good crack for such a popular game. I am another Sundog fan, but I always played it from an original (or rather from a copy of an original). So I can't comment too much about Sundog cracks.

Getting an original or a copy is not too difficult. Sundog it's quite common in unboxed condition. So you should be able to find it sooner or later at Ebay. In the worst case, you can get a copy. Sundog is rather earlier, and then can be copied with software copiers. So somebody at your country might be able to make a copy and mail it to you.

Try this one.  Works fine for me, saving and all.

Much thanks!! :)

957318[/snapback]

I played the game last night using the SainT emulator. It worked fine for the most part, however I was having issues with it crashing from time to time. It would crash with a red screen.

Anyone else that d/l'd this one have this same problem with it? Seems to happen about every 10 to 15 mins or so.

If you're not having the problem, can you tell me what emulator you're using please?

I've tried the default TOS that comes with SainT and I've tried TOS102 & TOS206. They all do the same thing.

Thanks in advance!

(I'm using WinXP Pro 512MB of RAM)

I played the game last night using the SainT emulator.  It worked fine for the most part, however I was having issues with it crashing from time to time.  It would crash with a red screen.

Try Steem. In general Steem is much better for games.

I've tried the default TOS that comes with SainT and I've tried TOS102 & TOS206.

The best TOS for games is TOS 1.02UK. But in this specific case, because it is a very early game, it might be better TOS 1.0. But I don't think this is the problem.

(I'm using WinXP Pro 512MB of RAM)

The PC configuration shouldn't be relevant.

I played the game last night using the SainT emulator.  It worked fine for the most part, however I was having issues with it crashing from time to time.  It would crash with a red screen.

Try Steem. In general Steem is much better for games.

---

Thanks for all the info, I shall try it when I get home.

I had a little difficulty with Steem when using the other version of Sundog. It wasn't scrolling properly, and it was causing buildings and whatnot to randomly appear on the screen. Maybe that was just a problem with the previous copy of the game I was using.

Thanks again!