IGNORED

looking for dos...

blastermaster

Well, Bochs IS open-source, so even if there is no particular binary available that will help you, you could theoretically compile it yourself.

MESS can also emulate an X86 computer which you could install DOS onto, but I don't know how much you'd manage to get out of it...

If you have the space for it, I'd actually recommend building a dedicated DOS machine for gaming (assuming that's what you want from DOS). You should be able to get an old 486 or Pentium for rather cheap. Heck, I put together an old Pentium 133 out of spare parts that I had sitting around... works great for stuff like One Must Fall 2097 and Ultima VII and such.

--Zero

I have DOSbox 0.63-1 running on OS X 10.4.3, and other than some games running too fast to be playable (and others not working -- at least on my iBook -- for stupid reasons such as their control schemes involve using the Scroll Lock key, etc.), it generally seems to work fine.

What versions of DOSbox and OS X do you have? What in particular isn't working?

Edited by Room 34

i am looking for a ms-dos emu for OS X. I have DOSbox, but it does not like X very much...so if someone knows of any others that work well with mac, post them!

Thanks!

~Jon

961081[/snapback]

DOSBox works great on my Mac... Can you describe what you mean by "Doesn't like X very much?"