IGNORED

Disassembled files not recompiling

MayDay

I've noticed that I can take a source code and compile it (then play with it in an emulator) and it seems to work fine. However, if I take that binary that is working, and try to disassemble it back into a .s file, the code will no longer compile correctly. Do I need to go back, take out the variable set at the beginning and add the include files again? I'm having trouble understanding how this is even possible if it is disassembling correctly. The error I get by the way is a long list of unknown mnemonics that should actually be commands such as STA, LDX, etc. They are indented fine in the "source" file (which at this point is actually the disassembled file).

Thanks,

Jason

Thanks, that fixed the unknown mnemonic problem. Is there another switch I should be using? I am using "distella -a -p source.bin > sourcefile.s" as my command right now. Taking the code through the entire process now compiles correctly; however I think you'll find the results interesting:

This is a file from the batariBasic thread that vdub_bobby created. 3 is the (renamed) version and 4 is what comes out of the process. Is this a glitch in the program, or am I still doing something wrong?

bbk3.ZIP bbk4.ZIP

Thanks again,

JD