IGNORED

disabling accessories on a Mega STE?

Gunstar

Well it was some key combo that let you boot to the disk with out booting it, you can even leave a disk out of the drive first and it will ofcourse not boot the bootsector.

But with 4MB that is plenty or RAM so I was confused what the out of memory error was anyhow, glad you got it working.  With 4MB you are all set man!  No need to disable ACCs.  On the Falcon030 with 4MB you definately have to do that, and that is what I was doing to get games to work, holding down ALT or CTRL (cant remember 100%) then load the game directly.  Worked good.  I since then got a 14MB card, just have to install it now. :P

966241[/snapback]

Yes, holding down ALT will boot a game disk, but my game is installed on the HD for one, so I have to go to the desktop, and second, I want to run my game at 16mhz and when booting a game from the floppy (auto load boot sector) it automatically goes into 8mhz mode for full ST compatiblity (more or less).

Well it was some key combo that let you boot to the disk with out booting it, you can even leave a disk out of the drive first and it will ofcourse not boot the bootsector.

But with 4MB that is plenty or RAM so I was confused what the out of memory error was anyhow, glad you got it working.  With 4MB you are all set man!  No need to disable ACCs.  On the Falcon030 with 4MB you definately have to do that, and that is what I was doing to get games to work, holding down ALT or CTRL (cant remember 100%) then load the game directly.  Worked good.  I since then got a 14MB card, just have to install it now. :P

966241[/snapback]

Yes, holding down ALT will boot a game disk, but my game is installed on the HD for one, so I have to go to the desktop, and second, I want to run my game at 16mhz and when booting a game from the floppy (auto load boot sector) it automatically goes into 8mhz mode for full ST compatiblity (more or less).

966640[/snapback]

My last suggestion (until I can think of another <grin>) would be to get your hands on Xboot or something like that. Then you can set up "profiles" (in other words, what ACCs/CPXs/AUTO folder programs you want) that you can pick from a menu at bootup. Each profile can be specific to what you are wanting to do at the time. I believe there are free/shareware versions of programs like Xboot but I can't remember

there names right now.

HTHs.

Yeah, I know there are programs out there like Xboot, etc., I have Hotwire on my 1040STf's Supradrive which is something like that I think, and also some something called Universal III on my Mega STE's HD, which I think may do some stuff too. I just haven't really tried using them yet to see what they are all about, though I did start a thread on Hotwire a while back. The fact is, I have a LOT of cool stuff that I intend to get installed and up and running and all customized and stuff on my system, like upgrading to MiNT or some other multi-tasking system, I have Neodesk 3 that I'll eventually install and use with the new OS, I'm going to get it on the internet, etc. I just haven't gotten around to installing it all yet. I just want to play the games for now mostly, but I install what I can of them on my HD. I'm perfectly happy for the moment now, after correcting the folder bug problem, everything is running well, bare-bones at the moment. I have happily noticed that the vast majority of games I have will work fine on the Mega STE, with the full 4MB memory installed too, when run in 8mhz mode, and half will run better/faster in 16mhz mode as well. Once again it seems another incompatibility rumor has been blown way out of proportion. Kinda like the whole 1200XL OS's supposed incompatibilities. So that's good news to me anyway. I'm sure something will pop up eventually that I'll only get to run on my 1040ST, but it seems they willl be rare occurances.