IGNORED

ST Hard drive on PC.

I've just rediscovered my old Atari HDD, and want to get the data off there without the aid of an ST if possible.

The drive is a whopping 52MB Quantum drive, and was previously connected to the ST via a GE Soft SCSI interface.

I've hooked the drive up to the PC and tried using Gemulator Explorer to get at the files. Although Gemulator Explorer can see some of the data, it only seems to be seeing one partion, and I've no idea how to get at the rest of my data.

I recall formatting the drive with the GE Soft software, and it might have had some options to get around some 16MB limit(?). I'm not sure whether that's causing the problem?

Has anyone else had any success retreiving data this way, or am I going to have to find my old ST and connect to the PC via serial? :?

Gemulator is fairly old now, and was orginally written at a time when HD use was not widespread in the Atari world. Id' reccomend tackling the drive using Aranym, which is much more sophisticated. See http://aranym.sourceforge.net/

Also you may well be able to read the data off the drive directly from your PC, what OS are you using at the PC end? Often MS DOS can read Atari drives OK provided you used FAT partitions on the disk (most common)