IGNORED

Pitfall! 3 Homebrew

Atarian7

If not thousands.... maybe hundreds of thousands!!!! MWWAAAAHAAAHAAAAA!!!!!!

Ummmm Sorry... Too much coffee.

Yes it would be popular. There are a few hacks out there of pitfall. I have a Pitfall 3 game for the C-64... The gameplay is exactly like Pitfall but with an Egyption theme. Nothing really exciting.

That would be awesome if someone would make an Atari 2600 sequel of the same calibre as Pitfall 2. I'd buy it!!!!

Actually there was a great hoax a while back on "Pitfall 3: Harriet's Quest." I forget the details, but someone made a few "fake prototype" cases, then dumped them into thrift stores in his area, knowing that a collector would find it and come a-crowin'. Sure enough, the boards went a-fire with speculation and theories when it finally surfaced. Funny stuff. Who here knows the full story?

quote:

Originally posted by Snider-man:

Funny stuff. Who here knows the full story?

This was a Lore entry in DP5, although it was probably discussed to death in the newsgroups when the fake proto surfaced. I don't know if that story's been transcribed and put on the web anywhere, but I'll ask Joe if I can post the it here.

..Al

No offense to anyone intending to do this, but I personally would rather NOT see anyone do a Pitfall III. As talented as the homebrew guys out there are, I'm just not confident anyone can top Pitfall II, and I just think the resulting game would be somewhat of a disappointment (especially if it was just a hack project).

Of course, if someone hacks Pitfall II into a different game, and calls it something else, that's fine by me... I'd just rather not see anyone sully the tradition of amazing Pitfall games.

--Zero

Pitfall 3.

For the Atari 2600???

eheheheh "Now that's an idear."

Wink.. Wink.. Nudge.. Nudge. ehehehe

Why.. nobody should take a stabe at PItfall 3. Only one person could do that title right. ;-) And God knows he hasn't done an Atari 2600 title for sometime. ehehehe

I'd like to see somebody take the Adventurer's Level (level 2) from the 5200 version of Pitfall II: Lost Caverns and port it over to the Atari 2600 with the sound from the original Atari 2600 version of Pitfall II thrown in. Call it Pitfall III or a hack or whatever. I would love to play it on my 2600.

Ben