IGNORED

ST Logo

javiero

GFA is great. I had tons of fun with it.

For beginners I'm not sure what references there are out there other than the GFA manual, but I do remember there was a text file floating around back in the day called "GFA Expert" that delved into lots of excellent tips and tricks to get the best performance and tightest code out of GFA.

There was also an awesome set of assembler libraries for GFA called SpriteWorks -- I loved it so much I bought it back in the day and it was worth every penny (even if I left the platform before I got to release anything that used it). I dunno if it's still floating around out there but if you can find it it's a great companion to GFA that can make GFA really shine.

GFA is great.  I had tons of fun with it.

For beginners I'm not sure what references there are out there other than the GFA manual, but I do remember there was a text file floating around back in the day called "GFA Expert" that delved into lots of excellent tips and tricks to get the best performance and tightest code out of GFA.

There was also an awesome set of assembler libraries for GFA called SpriteWorks -- I loved it so much I bought it back in the day and it was worth every penny (even if I left the platform before I got to release anything that used it).  I dunno if it's still floating around out there but if you can find it it's a great companion to GFA that can make GFA really shine.

967696[/snapback]

Lonny Pursell still supports GFA in a big way from his website. If anyone is interested in GFA they should check it out:

http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/

He still releases stuff for GFA from time to time. :-)