IGNORED

Flashback 2 rev C Status Report

Several Atari employees who work at the Flashback team post on this forum. I appreciate their help, their contribution, and their dedication to their work. If it's possible, can any of you give us a status report of the Flashback 2 rev C console? Is it still being worked on? What is its expected compatibility? Which bank switching methods are/are not supported? Will the rolling and flickering of the sequels be fixed, or at least minimized? Will you tell us when is it being manufactured, so we can expect it in stores soon after? And finally, if there are still problems with it, will there be a revision D?

Since it appears that the the Flashback 3 will be based on the 5200 and the Atari computers, it seems you guys are making sure the Flashback 2 is as close to the original hardware as possible. I want you all to know that we, the hardcore fans of the Atari 2600, are thankful for that.

Ghaleon

...Someone refresh my memory, what issues are being addressed with the rev c?

970009[/snapback]

Play the FB2 new games and notice all the glitches? As well as with some of the oldies too? Notice you have trouble with a bunch of your carts with the cart port mod? Welcome to justification for a Rev C.

Edited by silver_surfer

Will there be any way to easily tell from the box whether or not a unit is Rev. C (once that revision exists?) I ask as I thought I was picking up a Rev. B but got an A. I'm keeping it since I figure I'll want a C anyway, but I am hoping to not make enemies at my local Target/BB/etc having to go through and return them til I get a "C".

[i know it's not out, this question is more meant to ask if something is planned to help us aiming to get a Rev. C]

Edited by Justin42

Will there be any way to easily tell from the box whether or not a unit is Rev. C (once that revision exists?) I ask as I thought I was picking up a Rev. B but got an A.

Out of curiosity what store did you purchase the rev.A from ? Target or BestBuy ?

973203[/snapback]

It was a Walmart (I know, I know) but this store had NEVER gotten Flashbacks in, and I had been reading about Rev. B being out there for 2-3 weeks before I ventured in and looked again. I assumed (*my bad*) that it must be a new shipment Rev.B, but it wasn't.

But since neither A or B are "perfect" I may as well just wait for a Rev. C and be done with it.

Rev C product will be clearly distinquished from the current Rev B units.     When they are ready in 06' for shipment, details will be posted.

Curt

972806[/snapback]

Will the PAL version possibly be based on the rev C for NTSC?

Regards,

Moderntimes99

973622[/snapback]

I think Curt had mentioned once that the rev C will be sold in europe first. If not I am sure he will correct me if I am wrong. :ponder: :)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have been waiting for the Rev C to come out.  I guess this question is for Mr. Vendel.  When will it arrive?  I'm a little worried as the current units have apparantly sold out, and another post indicated that there is no news on another order?

992175[/snapback]

In the last week or two I've seen tons of units at my local Target and Fred Meyer stores, both of which were sold out earlier. Is there any chance these are Rev C, or did another batch of Rev B's get manufactured (or finally delivered)?

Thanks to Curt or anyone else who can offer any insight.

Brian

I believe that Curt has posted that if the Rev C comes out, it won't be until mid-year.

1025105[/snapback]

In this post from November, Curt mentions "March'ish":

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...ndpost&p=972812

Is it March'ish yet? :) Given that there were none, and now there are lots of FB2's in stores (at least locally), I was hoping that the Rev C had arrived. Did I miss newer information that put the availability later, or put the whole Rev C release in doubt?

• 3 weeks later...

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH, I pray that they are not so bad off that we will never see a PAL version!!!!!

Flashback 1 sold reasonably well here (although now it is a clearance item everywhere) and if Flashback 2 is so much better then it should go down really well. Most of the DTV units are selling very well so the "real" thing should also do so.

AAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH, I pray that they are not so bad off that we will never see a PAL version!!!!!

Flashback 1 sold reasonably well here (although now it is a clearance item everywhere) and if Flashback 2 is so much better then it should go down really well. Most of the DTV units are selling very well so the "real" thing should also do so.

Not well enough to dig them out of the hole there in, so I doubt it.