IGNORED

Your fav game, and why?

Sayton

This is a nice topic for the end of the year/holiday season.

I have 2 answers...one as the 10 year old me and one as me now.

1983.....Pitfall...wow..the graphics blew me away...and we would play round robin tournaments against each other...from noon..til 9 at night those days

2005....Millipede...it is my Crack...I may need to go cold turkey...which reminds me...I have leftover turkey to take for lunch tomorow!....mmmm...wait....what was I talking about?

1983.....Pitfall...wow..the graphics blew me away...and we would play round robin tournaments against each other...from noon..til 9 at night those days

972855[/snapback]

You poor guy. Even I got to play it in 1982 at some guy's house. Your life must have been a living hell until you finally got your hands on it. :D

post-13-1133156596_thumb.jpg

E.T. is near the middle of my list. It really is fresh each time you play it, but there's just enough frustration in there to keep it from being great.

I can think of a lot worse games to play...Exocet/Cruise Missile (waaaay to much frustration there) Squeeze Box (told a collector that game really sucked and he bought it anyway), Killer Satellites, and some others.

E.T. is near the middle of my list.  It really is fresh each time you play it, but there's just enough frustration in there to keep it from being great.

972865[/snapback]

Yeah, if it had anything but wells it might be everyone's favorite Atari 2600 game. If it was the Baby Jessica game, you could understand it, but E.T.? Come on, grab something from the movie. Maybe HSW had a drug-induced premonition and knew the entire nation would be glued to CNN during the 58-hour ordeal and decided to get a really big jump on the competition.

Maybe someone should hack E.T. and turn it into the Baby Jessica game and then people will finally love it. October 2007 will be the 20th anniversary of the event, so come on you hackers, get moving!

Edited by Random Terrain

Starmaster!

One of the very few games I owned back then, so I must have played it hundreds of hours. It even had some strategie involved (especially the highest level), which was completely new to me for video games.

Then come Cosmic Ark and Pitfall!.

I like LOTS of games. I guess if forced to pick one, though, it would be Moonsweeper. Awesome graphics, great randomized gameplay, and just the right level of challenge and depth. Great stuff.

973245[/snapback]

How could I forget Moonsweeper? Another one of my favorite Imagic games.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Reindeer Rescue, of course. ;)

But of games that have actually been released...

I'd have to go with H.E.R.O. I was always amazed by the sheer size of the world (still haven't gotten all the way through the levels yet), and it has first-rate graphics and gameplay.

Other favorites:

Midnight Magic

Reactor

Challenge of Nexar

Pitfall II

Megamania

Ice Hockey