IGNORED

new 7800 protype-super football?

8th lutz

Its me who is selling it and its in a plain black case with a red end label, just like Ballblazer that states Super Football, Atari 7800. When I actully get the chance I will post some pics of the cart, very busy with work. And your right it does look a fair bit like the 2600 version.

Its me who is selling it and its in a plain black case with a red end label, just like Ballblazer that states Super Football, Atari 7800. When I actully get the chance I will post some pics of the cart, very busy with work. And your right it does look a fair bit like the 2600 version.

972688[/snapback]

This ought to be interesting.

I have more than one copy so I thought I'd sell one, picked up a job lot on e-bay and there was 2 of these in the box. It seems pretty strange that they only have end labels not front labels, never seen the 2600 version so can only compare screenshots from the screens i've seen online and this version looks better.

There are now 3 copies of this out there, I have sold 2 and am hanging on to the last one. Its up to the people who own them to reveal more about them. I don't have a great deal of knowledge of rom dumping or circuit boards. You may all be intrested to know they came from a town called Slough . . . . . .

That is interesting. I think there has be some type of explanation for it. Was there an Atari hq or building near by Slough or in the town? I wonder was there more catridges for the 7800 that had that came from the same town for existing games. I am bit curious about that. I have no idea about the uk branch of Atari. It think it is quite possible that their maybe more cases of unkown prototypes or wrong labels in the u.K branch.

Edited by 8th lutz

That is interesting.  I think there has be some type of explanation for it.  Was there an Atari hq or building near by Slough or in the town?  I wonder was there more catridges for the 7800 that had that came from the same town for existing games.  I am bit curious about that.  I have no idea about the uk branch of Atari.  It think it is quite possible that their maybe more cases of unkown prototypesor wrong labels in the u.K branch.

975970[/snapback]

Ok, I will tell you more. Atari U.K. was based at Railway Terrace, Slough, Berkshire. And i believe they were also the main base for Europe too, although they had an HQ in France and Germany. As many games were developed in Britain they probaly went to Slough first and who knows what was cleared out of those offices when they closed. My grandad actully used to live walking distance from the building, its a grim place though. Any fans of The Office will realise why Slough was picked as the location!

There are now 3 copies of this out there, I have sold 2 and am hanging on to the last one. Its up to the people who own them to reveal more about them. I don't have a great deal of knowledge of rom dumping or circuit boards. You may all be intrested to know they came from a town called Slough . . . . . .

975953[/snapback]

Well is it a new game or not? Can't someone just plug it in into a 7800 and see what comes up? This mystery should be really easy to solve in about 3 seconds...

Tempest

975953[/snapback]

Was it a 2600 or 7800 PCB? This is dead easy to tell apart, the 7800 has a much wider board. Compare any common 7800 board to any 2600 board and then look at your Super Football again. Or try pluging it into a 2600 if you own one. If it was really a 7800 pcb, it wouldn't fit into a 2600.

It sounds like a LVAR to me, and from the looks of your pics above it had a main label at one time too, only removed at some point.

There was another post in the 2600 forum for a similar cart. It had a 2600 main label with 7800 end label too, but was just LVAR. Also PAL. I think you found a LVAR, that is sadly missing the main label. But it doesn't take a great deal of knowledge to distinguish between a 2600 & 7800 PCB. You could have probably scanned in the pcb end of the cart with enough light & we could all see what it looks like.

975953[/snapback]

Hi Guys

i got the 2nd cartridge.Mr. K. sold it to me. :)

I opened the cartridge.The board seems to be from 1983(date is on the board)

There are 2 roms on it,which are covered with metal.I am not an expert about boards,but it seems to be a Pal game.Maybe Atari made this for the 7800 in 1983,but the 7800 system was released later.

greetings Gambler172

Hi Guys

oh i forgot something.I tried to take a photo of the board,but my camera is not so good.But maybe anyone has a photo of the 2600 Super Football board and can post it.So i could look at it and could tell,if my 7800 board is the same or different.

greetings Gambler172

976254[/snapback]

How about just plugging the thing into a 7800 and seeing what pops up?

If the big 7800 Atari logo screen appears when you boot up, it's a 7800 game. If it doesn't, it's a 2600 title.

If the game looks like this, it's a mislabelled 2600 game.

s_SuperFootball_1.png

s_SuperFootball_2.png

Really easy to solve!