IGNORED

HSC Season 3 Week 20: Spacemaster X-7

Ze_ro

502,200 and going (hitting B&W pauses the game).

My tips - for when the levels get harder

Start of round

A) stay on the extreme left/right edge of the screen

B) at the start of the round, line up horizontally with the closest shield so your shots will rapid fire

C) If the enemy in the middle is the Fireball, Heat Seaker or Homer then stay put and rapid firing against the shield. The Heat Seaker and Homer will come at you and end up in your line of fire. Ignore the Fireball.

D) Once a Bouncer or Wander appear your set to start attacking the Hyperion Base.

Take out the Base

1) To attack the Base wait for the pulsing Force Field to begin to collapses inward.

2) As it collapses inward move your ship up/down to where the point of the force field would touch the left/right edge of the screen if it where fully expanded.

3) Take a shot or two when the force field is closest to the Base.

4) Move up/down out of the way as the force field expands.

5) go back to step 1

While attacking the base avoid hitting the Bouncer or Wander. If you do you'll need to go back to A in case a Fireball, Heat Seaker or Homer show up to replace it.

post-3056-1133836518_thumb.jpg

Edited by SpiceWare

wow...

i'm fine until it gets to the part where it gets the fastest level with the set of levels that the opening is only on the top or bottom. thus the 181k score.

You got me, i'm not even attempting that.

977205[/snapback]

On those levels you attack from the side. You can only fire off a shot or two as the opening moves top/bottom when the force field is the smallest.

wow...

i'm fine until it gets to the part where it gets the fastest level with the set of levels that the opening is only on the top or bottom. thus the 181k score.

You got me, i'm not even attempting that.

977205[/snapback]

On those levels you attack from the side. You can only fire off a shot or two as the opening moves top/bottom when the force field is the smallest.

977210[/snapback]

ah gotya. once again i don't have the time to do it, got other things planned. great work Spiceware!

Well, that's the end of another crazy week of the High Score Club! Congratulations to everyone on their scores, and I hope you had fun with Spacemaster X-7, one of the hidden gems of the Atari's collection as far as I'm concerned. Join us again next time when we'll knock around a few blocks of ice!

--Zero

rolled it

977208[/snapback]

WOW! I got busy and never played again last week, I can do better than 100K in the game easy, but it's around that point that I start to loose alot of my men. I try to keep bouncers up as they don't bother you as much as the heat seekers or Homers, but often times I get caught at awkward angles where it's hard to kill them befoer they hit me, and that's what starts my demise..

That's an amazing score! :-o

I was looking at twingalaxies the other week and I was amazed at the highscore there, 3 million+ and then 2nd place was only 146K which is closer to what I could do, I bet if you can roll it, with a little patience you could probably match/beat the top player on TG.. leave everyone else fighting for 3rd place. ;)