IGNORED

Commodore 64 help!

KulorXL

Just scored me a Commodore 64, but it's acting sorta strange.

Strange as in everything is way too friggin' fast! I don't have any games that I can test on it (yet), but just tapping the spacebar or the delete key sends it several characters forwards or backwards, making things impossible. It acts like a modern PC running a C64 emulator at max speed, basically. This all started not to long after I plugged in the 1451.

So what did I do to "overclock" my C64, and how do I get it back? Help appreciated!

Theres probobly something more to it, but I would start out by trying to clean the keyboard as much as possible.

973915[/snapback]

I once had a C64 with a flakey PIA that would interrupt constantly if you held down the A and semicolon keys simultaneously (or certain other combinations). I don't have the C64 memory map handy, but there's a location you can poke to disable keyboard repeat. If you do this, holding any key should not affect the cursor blink. So if holding a key does affect the cursor blink, that would mean something is amiss. Of course, when a key is repeating that will affect the cursor blink, so for this test you need to disable key-repeat first.

Edited by supercat