IGNORED

Lightgun Problems with Crossbow on the XEGS?

Fallout_002

Greetings All,

I recently bought a brand new, unopened, copy of Crossbow. When trying to use this cartridge on my French (SECAM) XE Game System, the game displays and runs fine. However, when shooting at the screen using the light gun, although it is apparent that a "shot" was fired, the game does not register my shots on the screen (it is as if I were shooting off the screen). Any idea what might be causing this? My BugHunt cart runs fine, with near perfect accuracy of the light gun. Would appreciate any help with this. Thanks

Lightguns tend to be sensitive to a television screen's brightness and contrast. You might have to adjust the TV set until it will register gunshots onscreen for both games. Another possibility is that your lightgun might not work properly. I have had two XE Lightguns stop working for me.

Each game handled the lightgun a bit differently.  The code for Bug Hunt is really good and accurate, while the code for Barnyard Blaster is absolutely terrible. 

Tempest

978850[/snapback]

I think that's backwards. David Plotkin wrote in Antic in June 1988:

"Barnyard Blaster is a superb game that also brings some great news-the Atari Light Gun works just fine! Those aiming inaccuracies noted in my article, Shootout of the Video Game Systems (Antic, March 1988) apparently should have been attributed to the Bug Hunt software included with the XE Game System. "

Each game handled the lightgun a bit differently.  The code for Bug Hunt is really good and accurate, while the code for Barnyard Blaster is absolutely terrible. 

Tempest

978850[/snapback]

I think that's backwards. David Plotkin wrote in Antic in June 1988:

"Barnyard Blaster is a superb game that also brings some great news-the Atari Light Gun works just fine! Those aiming inaccuracies noted in my article, Shootout of the Video Game Systems (Antic, March 1988) apparently should have been attributed to the Bug Hunt software included with the XE Game System. "

979929[/snapback]

You're right. I probably have those mixed up. It's not like I spent alot of time playing either... :)

Tempest

• 3 weeks later...