IGNORED

Batman Returns Cheat

Jam

I love games from this era. "You spent 6 hours a day for 5 weeks memorizing enemy patterns and practicing special moves until you beat this fine game. Here's your reward!"

THE END!

Honestly, it always seemed like the more difficult the game, the crappier the ending. Almost like they were hoping the game was so difficult that no one would ever see it.

I'm just going to be honest, most of the games I've played the ending was about like this. Just a last screen "You win... the end!"

At least in this one you get a bit of animation as Penguin falls into the machinery, which electrocutes him, he flies across the room, into a pillar, and then slides down out of site.

Truthfully I think the only good endings are where you get a fun little animation like this one:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXAdHDE_RU0

Or my absolute favorite, the end unlocks new abilities, and then you are able to roam the game freely playing around in overtime till you get bored of it.

Will be honest, after going through the game I like playing the first level and that is about all I can get through.

The 2nd level is just incredibly hard, the third level is a bore (you fight missile launching penguins) and the forth level is a bit of all the above with an incredibly hard to beat Penguin who fights in his underwear.

So for me, I love to pop this game in (no cheat) and fight away, but then again for me the first level is the best part of the game. Second level maybe if you don't get the crap blasted out of you by the cops.

I'm trying to learn some practical ideas of gameplay.

Not sure how to best use the vial.

Can basically evade most opponents and explosions.

And in the end I found the best way to get through battling Penguin on the big duck is to get on the upper platform, wait till the head of the duck is a bit higher than where you are and throw the bat-a-rang.

Once released, generally a good idea to drop to the floor below (jump and down I believe) to escape the shots fired at you from the large duck.

post-4709-0-39744900-1442612856_thumb.png

post-4709-0-15979900-1442612858_thumb.png

Oh I should mention I am saving game states under emulation. Much less frustrating when you get shot while jumping from building to building and then fall to your death.

Level 3... looks like you need to kill off 35 missile launching penguins? Not sure if that is all throughout the level or at the end when that starts to count. Either way you run and end at a pipe where penguins are coming out. You can run back the whole expanse of the level till the desired number of penguins (35?) is killed off.

Anyone have an exact idea of what needs to happen on Level 3?

Ok, I found the ole Lynx Hint book online:

http://www.digitpress.com/library/books/book_atari_lynx_hint_book.pdf

And I've attached the ones that talk about Batman.

It answers my last question.

1) You have to run to the end of level 3 to start the countdown.

2) You have to kill all the penguins, the guide says about 50.

post-4709-0-91311000-1442698364_thumb.png

post-4709-0-45498300-1442698367_thumb.png

post-4709-0-62529700-1442698369_thumb.png

post-4709-0-87331600-1442698373_thumb.png