IGNORED

2005 AtariAge Holiday Sale and Holiday Cart!

Albert

A few new, improved screenshots.  :D

978048[/snapback]

It looks like Santa is jumping from rooftop to rooftop in those. Before now I just thought he was just walking in the background from the previous pictures. I can't wait to find out. ;-)

978050[/snapback]

Definitely jumping from house to house. By the way, I will definitely release the binary at some point - when the Holiday Sale is over, at the very latest.

If you want to get a sort of sneak preview, check out the Running Man demo I wrote about a year ago - the binary is posted in its thread in the Homebrew forum (and in my blog). The gameplay is essentially the same. :)

The ad copy in the store refers to the game as Reindeer Runner in several places.  A working title?

977968[/snapback]

Nope, just mistakes on my part, now fixed. :)

..Al

978031[/snapback]

Hmm. Reindeer Runner. You know, that could have been an even better title? :ponder: :D

Can't wait to order and get my Holiday Cart. How many Adventure II's are going to be in the first run? I would hate to order other games and find out since I did not pre-order, I need to wait for the second or third run. By the way, I am still waiting for my Wolfenstein 2600. Last I knew I was number 49.

Merry Christmas.

This includes Bob Montgomery (who programmed the game)...

So it is programmed from scratch or based on something I just don't recognize?

#13 for me please!

BTW: Will the ROM be released eventually?

977919[/snapback]

I once remember reading about aspecial program that could tell u that. I dont care either way this game looks kewl :cool:

I ordered reindeer rescue by it self. My money is running low i spent way to much on chritsmas this year atleast i have everything bought. My wife is taking reindeer rescue when it comes in the mail and putting it under the tree with the rest of the stuff she got me for christmas! Oh well a little wait wont hurt. The game looks awesome!! I wanna get swoops and climber 5 if she didn't already buy them for me for christmas if not i'll get them in the new year!!

Edited by kyle

Tell her you need it sooner. The overtly Christmassy theme won't feel the same once Christmas is over, so if she puts it under the tree you'll get, what, 1 day of Christmas fun. I did the label, tell her I said it was OK for you to open it early :D

(of course, all that stuff about it only being good for one day was crock. It's an awesome game, but you have to fight dirty with the fairer sex sometimes ;) )

I once remember reading about aspecial program that could tell u that.

978438[/snapback]

This one :?:

978562[/snapback]

It would seem like Clonespy might work better if it coordinated with DiStella. To be sure, solving general isomorphism problems is np-complete, but if one figures that things that are consecutive in one game are likely to be consecutive in a clone (unless the cloner has deliberately obscured things) it should be possible to formulate some good heuristics.

I always wondered about Christmas Day being the end of the Christmas season for so many people. Maybe it's because I'm the first generation here in the USA, but we always had Christmas the way that my parents did in Eastern Europe.

The very first signs of the holiday are on December 5th; the evening before St. Nicholas day (not five minutes after Halloween), the tree goes up a few days before the 24th and stays up until after New Years Day. The way that we did it, Christmas Eve was really the beginning of the holiday season, rather than the end.

I have to work really hard not to get all Christmassed out in November - heck, I only started playing holiday music today! I don't have to shop for all that many people, so I don't have to hang out too much in the shopping mall adn get innundated by the holiday too early.

I'm not saying that my way is better or anything. I guess that it's more closely tied to way that churches observe the calendar (including Three Kings day and all of that stuff...) rather than letting retail run the show.

All I'm saying is that maybe you can bust it open on Christmas Eve, and don't be in too big a hurry to put it away on the 27th. Speaking of which, I'd better get my order in to make sure that there's a little bundle of 8 bit joy under my tree too. ;)

It would seem like Clonespy might work better if it coordinated with DiStella.

But this could only be automatised for 4K ROMs. And I don't understand how this should work any better.

To be sure, solving general isomorphism problems is np-complete, but if one figures that things that are consecutive in one game are likely to be consecutive in a clone (unless the cloner has deliberately obscured things) it should be possible to formulate some good heuristics.

Some minimal heuristics are used by ListSpy when displaying the results, because it tries to order the entries by their similarity.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch