IGNORED

2005 AtariAge Holiday Sale and Holiday Cart!

Albert

I ordered early, but I also reserved Adventure II, which means my Holiday cart will most likely have a high number. No biggie, I just can't wait to play it :)

Edit: just checked my order status and looks like I got #65 after ordering early on the first day. Those things must by flying out of AA headquarters!

Edited by Lord Helmet

I'm so excited I'm getting a low edition #101, that's the fifth one right?

There are 10 types of people who will get that joke...

986840[/snapback]

No. Due to a mixup, Al used little endian but counted it as big endian, which means you have #160. :D

Edited by Mindfield

I ordered early, but I also reserved Adventure II, which means my Holiday cart will most likely have a high number. No biggie, I just can't wait to play it :)

Edit: just checked my order status and looks like I got #65 after ordering early on the first day. Those things must by flying out of AA headquarters!

986830[/snapback]

In general, the numbers were assigned in order of payments received. That means people sending checks/money orders will have higher numbers than those paying with PayPal. It's not uncommon for someone to place an order in the store selecting check/money order as the payment option, and then they never send payment, so I don't assign those numbers until the payments arrive.

..Al

986830[/snapback]

Considering I ordered and paid within what was probably the first 30 minutes (I was periodically refreshing this forum :)) I'd say yeah, those things likely flew out the door.

And sold quite a few judging from some of the higher numbers people have gotten.

my order now says "Processing" and lists carts 176 and 177 :-o

I'm in Houston so I suspect it'll get here by Friday which means I'll be able to deliver it to my nephews for Xmas  :)

986791[/snapback]

They went out today, so you should have them by Friday.

With one exception, all orders received before today that did not have Strat-O-Gems Deluxe and/or Adventure II were shipped either Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Most were shipped on Monday, with all the international orders going out yesterday, and a smaller batch today. Strat-O-Gems orders should ship on Friday. :)

..Al

986830[/snapback]

Considering I ordered and paid within what was probably the first 30 minutes (I was periodically refreshing this forum :)) I'd say yeah, those things likely flew out the door.

And sold quite a few judging from some of the higher numbers people have gotten.

986969[/snapback]

I started numbering carts sold through the store at 20. Carts numbered less than 20 are reserved for various and sundry purposes (one for myself, one each for everyone who contributed in some way to the game, and so forth). I only have six carts remaining from 1-19 that are not yet assigned..

..Al

Got mine yesterday, a great job by all on the holiday cart, it's a lot of fun to play, a lot of graphic detail and the manual/label is beautiful.

I also got Swoops and Power Off!. Swoops is great fun, a perfect pick up and play quick collection of games. Of course I wind up hitting reset just to try to get a little bit higher score...

But the new love of my life is Power Off! How come I haven't seen long threads on here about this game? It kicks ass both as an action game and a sort of puzzle game. Good graphics, great sound(the rhythm of the running is very catchy) and very fun. It's also pretty difficult though so maybe that's why. The best way I can describe it is that it seems like what Infiltrate would have been like on the Colecovision but it's on the VCS. Does that make any sense?

my order now says "Processing" and lists carts 176 and 177 :-o

I'm in Houston so I suspect it'll get here by Friday which means I'll be able to deliver it to my nephews for Xmas  :)

986791[/snapback]

They went out today, so you should have them by Friday.

..Al

986970[/snapback]

Sweet! I'm planning to teach the older boy how to write a game for the Atari using Batari BASIC :)

But the new love of my life is Power Off!  How come I haven't seen long threads on here about this game?  It kicks ass both as an action game and a sort of puzzle game.  Good graphics, great sound(the rhythm of the running is very catchy) and very fun.  It's also pretty difficult though so maybe that's why.  The best way I can describe it is that it seems like what Infiltrate would have been like on the Colecovision but it's on the VCS.  Does that make any sense?

987333[/snapback]

Good to know - I was debating the Ebivision game pack but opted for Sea Wolf, Crazy Balloon and the Minigame Multicart instead. There's a review box on the Power Off! page that's empty, maybe you should click the "Write Review link".

Good to know - I was debating the Ebivision game pack but opted for Sea Wolf, Crazy Balloon and the Minigame Multicart instead.  There's a review box on the Power Off! page that's empty, maybe you should click the "Write Review link".

987352[/snapback]

Well you got good stuff anyway so you can't go wrong. I will write a review for PO! after I get a little deeper into it. I think I played it for about 3 hours straight last night. Just kept hiting reset :D